Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried Toshiba Satellite U500 Motherboard

Toshiba Satellite U500 Motherboard H000023260

What I got here is a fried motherboard, I'm trying to figure out the missing components and their values. Having it crossed reference from other mobo pics from sellers, it seems that there are two capacitors missing and one resistor between the mosfets, also trying to know the proper pcd layout from the burnt part. I have already removed the two mosfets but I'm having hard time reading on their markings.

Hoping that someone will tell me what their values are, and if there are still missing parts. If someone will kindly be able to post a good pictorial of their own board, that will be a big help on this project. Thanks

Little history, I was told that the laptop was charged overnight, can't boot in the morning, only flashing leds. The fan can't run... It looks like that the unit was already checked by a technician but i can't confirm if the capacitors and resistor was removed or blown off.

Not sure if this is a common issue for the U series, I have heard about other u series having the same problem, with charging circuits but not as bad as what I have now.

By the way, I bought this laptop as defective and hardly hoping that I could get this running. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Re: Fried Toshiba Satellite U500 Motherboard

the hole in the board makes this a goner!at least it looks like a hole at the battery connector.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
      the hole in the board makes this a goner!at least it looks like a hole at the battery connector.
      have plans in rebuilding the bridge. just need to sacrifice the battery connector when I have finalized the components. If only I could get a good picture on how this thing looks like. The pics from seller's site have this battery connection cover so I'm still guessing. It's a hole indeed, from which a golf ball wouldn't fit...hehehe...

Comment

I still have high hopes in this one. just waiting for the samaritan to pass by...

Comment

unless you can also fix the inner layers of the burned area you are done.
          look for another board or a unit with a busted screen.

Comment

thanks for the advice. how bad do you think this is? will I have a lower chance of having it fixed? this kind of board doesn't seem to be common in our country, since the unit have arabic characters on top. Is this a common issue with the U series or I just didn't get lucky.
            The board cost at around 200Usd over the net, not sure if it reach me if ever i did purchased one due to tax issues.

Comment

Tbh, that one looks completely ruined to me. Looks like something shorted at the battery connector?

I'd just replace the board.
              Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

My problem on this board is that the voltage goes crazy when puttiing the battery on. It works perfectly without the battery on. Blown R020 already replaced. Works perfectly on DC, but it cannot operate while on battery.

Any ideas?

By the way, Bochi, soldering the missing parts will not solve your problem here

Comment

Post the Schematic

Comment

set mm in 200u it show value 0.04 for two capacitor, resistor is 2R2, mosfet number close to dc connector is 4436 Tb3b and the other is 4392 w88a. i have same motherboard like urs

Comment

Working...
                    X