Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD REV 2.0 is missing materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD REV 2.0 is missing materials

I have a vga card that is gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD REV 2.0, so it is now missing some materials as unknown resistors or caps value. Everyone who have this card, kindly help me solve it. Thanks in advance.

This is about my vga card
    https://www.upsieutoc.com/images/201...91FCDEB776.jpg
    https://www.upsieutoc.com/images/201...1053E7076E.png

Re: Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD REV 2.0 is missing materials

I know it's prbably too late, but I happen to have this card for repair. It has all the components, though. If you still need them, I'll be happy to post them.

Comment

Hi there I have the same card with a similar issue... need to identify components missing at u2 and the 3 caps above it. Pls help

Attached Files

Comment

The U2 seems the BIOS.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with my Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD REV 2.0 graphics card. To provide a bit of context, I'm relatively new to graphics card repair. My background primarily revolves around smartphone repair, and my expertise lies in that area.

Recently, I encountered a problem with my graphics card. It had been displaying artifacts and crashing randomly. Concerned about the issue, I decided to investigate. To my surprise, I noticed that the capacitors on the card were damaged. It appeared that a liquid spill, possibly something like a cola, had damaged these caps.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, I decided to replace the missing caps with generic 10uF capacitors. However, this replacement didn't seem to fix the problem. I'm now left wondering if there might be specific capacitor requirements for this graphics card, such as the use of X7R capacitors.

As a precaution, I assumed that all the capacitors in the same row were identical, which seemed like a reasonable assumption. I removed a couple of other capacitors in the same line, and they all tested at approximately 11.6uF. There was one more capacitor at the bottom of the row that was barely holding on, but I managed to measure it at around 11uF as well.

Since the graphics card was somewhat functional, I presumed that the remaining capacitors should have been in good condition. I also checked for any shorts, and everything appeared to be fine. However, please note that this is my first attempt at repairing a graphics card.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I sincerely appreciate any future assistance or guidance.

Best regards,
          Hortman
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X