Identify this power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify this power supply

It's a CompUSA '400w" supply purchased in June, 2005. All Teapos inside, but it looks good and sturdy. Nothing missing in there... Fairly heavy.

The UL number on the PCB is E206420. It's evidently registered to "DONGGUAN SHIJIE NEW ENERGY ELECTRONIC
    FACTORY"...heard of it? They're in the "Wiring, Printed - Component" category somehow. I found that the Dongguan Shijie something-else Electronic Factory was Liteon, so perhaps I did get lucky (it's a CompUSA supply marked as a 400w, it's really a ~350. I lost the original cover though which is why I'm having to ask). This is the link that's got me thinking it might be a Liteon, it seems to be an associated factory producing keyboards...Although being Chinese it could be that it's just int he same town. I could also be on a wild goose chase entirely.

*sigh* Anyone seen one of these before?

(Note: I'll have pictures when I find my camera, which might make it easier.)
    You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
    Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Re: Identify this power supply

Delta also has a high-volume mfg facility in Dongguan. Maybe it's an independent company that has drawn on readily available talent. Or perhaps a contactor that has decided to produce under its own name. Quien sabe?
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

No.. I know Dongguan Sijie. They're a manufacturer of PCB's. Almost EVERYONE uses their PCB's.

Got a picture of the PSU?
      Rest in peace BFG. You were... a job...

Comment

Ah, curses. I was afraid I'd find that out, Jonny.

Looks like it might use this PSU's case, but that's not the PSU. Different specs. Has me afraid, though...
        You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.

Comment

A number of CompUSA units are Sanhawk/Skyhawk. Mr. Wang often uses Dongguan Sijie PCB. Could it be?

Comment

http://img356.*************/img356/7252/psu06te.jpg
            http://img356.*************/img356/7581/psu12ik.jpg

That's it, there. I know they're fuzzy, I can't hold my camera steady and the lighting, well, wasn't that great.

Comment

The heatsinks look to me like ChannelWell. Is there ‘CWT' on the main transformer?
              The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

http://img522.*************/img522/1066/psu39jg.jpg

Assuming the largest one is the main, no, but the one circled in red does have "CWT" on it. So this is the only Channel Well in existence without the dreaded Fuhjyyu caps?

Comment

Channel-Wells have used a mix of other caps in the past, including CapXon, Canicon, Jamicon, Teapo, Jun Fu and of course, the ubiquitous Fuhjyyu (which aren't the worst out there, BTW). Those with CapXons, Jamicons and Teapos have been fairly reliable - not great, but not crap like Deer/L&C. There's a higher probability of a fan-failure than a bulging cap on an aging Channel-Well.

Comment

Yes. I had a CWT MAV-250P (Nspire brand) with Rubycon 330uF 200v primaries, and Capxon secondaries iirc.
                    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

The heatsinks are small & so as the O/P coils.
                      This PSU should be under 300W.
                      From the picture, we can't see the two bulk caps' rating.
                      Pls provide better pictures next time.

This is the Dongguan Sijie link.
                      http://www.spctw.com/english/aboutcompany.asp
                      I don't find any info about PCB production on their web!
                      China made PSUs are not necessarily inferior.
                      Tagan is also made in china too.

Comment

Pls provide better pictures next time.

I have a 2.0 megapixel Kodak EasyShare and a shaky hand...

Well, it's served me well so far, but I'd certainly like to retire it to 300w duty powering a second PC. So now I guess it's down to one of these, probably the AMS. I'll be replacing this Radeon 9250 so I'll need it...

Anyway, thanks a lot folks.

Comment

Originally posted by hkivan
                          This is the Dongguan Sijie link.
                          http://www.spctw.com/english/aboutcompany.asp
                          I don't find any info about PCB production on their web!
                          Wrong company.

Dongguan Sijie makes PCB's. Dongguan Sijie is a very common name so it wouldn't surprise me if you found a lampshade company with that name.

Dongguan is a town in the Guangdong province (go ahead... that's worth an LOL) and Sijie is a commmon Chinese proper name, like "Jones."

Comment

Working...
                          X