Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIC16F676 Program, remote control switch for 2Light & 1Fan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIC16F676 Program, remote control switch for 2Light & 1Fan.

Hello Dear Friends,
    I have a device used in my room to control 2 light (On/Off) and 1 fan (On/Off+Fan Speed Control).
    I have made the circuit same to same. There is an IC : PIC16F676. I copied the IC to a new IC and installed in my new circuit board. But it does not work. But if i put the original/Old ic with the new board it works well.

What i think the ic is programmed and locked anyway. I am attaching the original program. Please help me if anybody can help to make this file workable.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: PIC16F676 Program, remote control switch for 2Light & 1Fan.

the protect bit has been set.
    also, that is not a hex file - it's a bin file.
    changing the filename does not change what it is.

Comment

Re: IC PIC16F676 Program, remote control switch for 2Light & 1Fan.

The fact that the HEX file compresses to 84 bytes should tell you that you didn't actually copy the program from the PIC chip.
      The copy protections probably make the reader return null bytes or 0xFF bytes instead of actual contents.

Open the hex file with a text viewer or hex viewer and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

you cant, it's not a hex file - it's a bin file that is miss-named.

Comment

Whatever the file is, can anyone give me idea to make this file workable?
          Please advice. Thanks.

Comment

You can't make the file workable, because you didn't actually copy the code from the microcontroller into the file. The file doesn't actually contain the code in the microcontroller.

The software you used simply wrote the bytes the microcontroller gave it into the file
            Because the protection bits were set during the last programming, the microcontroller simply sent empty bytes (0xFF or 0x00) instead of the actual code, when the software asked for those bytes.

So your only option is probably to write the program yourself, from scratch.

Well, that is your only option unless you have expensive microscopes or x-ray machines and the knowledge to figure out if a bit is 1 or 0 based on how chip looks physically

Comment

Really? Knox'ed out as if it's a DVD player, FFS!
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                You can't make the file workable, because you didn't actually copy the code from the microcontroller into the file. The file doesn't actually contain the code in the microcontroller.

The software you used simply wrote the bytes the microcontroller gave it into the file
                Because the protection bits were set during the last programming, the microcontroller simply sent empty bytes (0xFF or 0x00) instead of the actual code, when the software asked for those bytes.

So your only option is probably to write the program yourself, from scratch.

Well, that is your only option unless you have expensive microscopes or x-ray machines and the knowledge to figure out if a bit is 1 or 0 based on how chip looks physically
                Dear friend,

i can't write/understand this program.
                what i can do only read/write with a programmer. I have the old/original pic16F676. Now, can anybody tell me how i can make a clone of the pic16F676?

Thanks.

Comment

if "protect bit" has been set then you cant read the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    if "protect bit" has been set then you cant read the chip.
                    That sounds like some "big music"-like anti-copy stuff! It's the same kind of stuff that makes the RIAA and MPAA execs elated. And of course, the same kind of stuff that makes the big-3 record companies elated...
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-19-2019, 02:49 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

I fear that one day, we'll have the same kind of thing on motherboard BIOSes!

Then, what would be next? The people that were complaining of "TCPA" back in 2005 and 2006 saying that they were right, and thus we're doomed!
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

there are already eeproms that need a password to "unlock" them.
                        they show up here & there - in MEGATOUCH quize maschines for example.

Comment

this is to prevent corruption during a glitch.
                          key has to be sent to enable the chip to accept a write.

the protect fuse on the pic is to prevent copying.
                          but there are ways of circumventing this too.

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          there are already eeproms that need a password to "unlock" them.
                          they show up here & there - in MEGATOUCH quize maschines for example.

Comment

no, the eeprom password is to block copying.

Comment

Originally posted by masud View Post
                              Hello Dear Friends,
                              I have a device used in my room to control 2 light (On/Off) and 1 fan (On/Off+Fan Speed Control).
                              I have made the circuit same to same. There is an IC : PIC16F676. I copied the IC to a new IC and installed in my new circuit board. But it does not work. But if i put the original/Old ic with the new board it works well.

What i think the ic is programmed and locked anyway. I am attaching the original program. Please help me if anybody can help to make this file workable.

Thanks.
                              Dear I have completed full tested code. Pl email me: vu3naa@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X