Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P8Z77-V LE shorted mosfet twice

Hi guys,

Noob here. I've done Arduino-type stuff, but not much on troubleshooting and repairs.

I have an Asus P8Z77-V LE (v1.03) motherboard that just turned off by itself one day. The 12V was shorted, and a single PH7030L mosfet at PQ141 was shorted (all pins = ground). I removed the mosfet, verified the short was gone, then replaced the mosfet. This worked for about 10 minutes, then it just shutdown again. Same as before, 12V shorted, the replacement mosfet shorted again.

I think the next step is to change mosfet driver, correct? I found these chips on the bottom side of the mosfets labeled "02=DL 32F" (pic attached). Are these the drivers? I couldn't find any info about it on Google. Any idea what they are?

Does anyone have a schematic/boardview for this motherboard by any chance?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus P8Z77-V LE shorted mosfet twice

check the resistors too

Comment

For a reliable repair, replace all high-side MOSFETs with same batch number from a good source (maybe low-side too), and replace the MOSFET driver for the one that shorted. (can also replace the controller to be on the safe side)

"02=" should be Richtek RT9611AGQW
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
        check the resistors too
        The 1 ohm resistor on the gate of the damaged MOSFET measures ~1.5 ohms. I will replace it. Thanks!

Originally posted by piernov View Post
        For a reliable repair, replace all high-side MOSFETs with same batch number from a good source (maybe low-side too), and replace the MOSFET driver for the one that shorted. (can also replace the controller to be on the safe side)

"02=" should be Richtek RT9611AGQW
        Will look into these. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X