• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey All,
    I'm Dave from Los Angeles.
    Hoping to fix our TV, wanted to see the attachment photos,
    so -- TADA ! -- here I am !

Haven't tried soldering SMDs before, so this will be interesting when the part gets here !

Comment

Hi there! I'm new,my nick is Yuri 61 ,I'm from Russia.I intend to increase my skills as an electronics repairman

Comment

Hi all, my name's Jeff from PA. I'm a general all-purpose geek; cars and computers mostly. I'm here for help with TV repairs as I am slowly building up an official business doing computer & electronics repair. Once it gets big enough I'll quit my day job as and IT admin and switch to running my business full time.

Comment

Hi guys gonna be messing around with an ELEFT502 that powers on and has video for 30sec->5min and then powers off, sometimes with or without sound after picture shutoff. Gonna be using another for parts that I got from Black Friday (no functionality at all but powers on) and will get to the LED strips on both tomorrow night. Just disassembling, taking pictures and staring at the Power Supply Board and the Main Board for now, can't tell any appreciable damage or difference between the two.

From Stroudsburg PA

Comment

Hello .. i am Pitek from Bremen/Germany .. nice to see you

Comment

Hello and kind regards from Izmir Turkey. Hoping to find good solutions.. glad to see everyone

Comment

Hi

Newbie from the UK with a childhood inyterest in electronics starting to look at macbooks as a hobby. Hope I can share the little knowledge I have!

cheers

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Haci.

I work in the IT. just came accidentally across this forum when checking for a hardware problem with a Laptop Bios. Great info here - thanks to all the maintainers and posters.

Comment

Nabend,

ich stöbere ab und zu durch das Forum.

Comment

Hi, I'm Bob from London UK.
                      Toughbook addict and manic repairer.
                      I found this site via a video on youtube.

Comment

Привіт, я Віталій, з України!
                        Надіюсь знайти однодумців та просто друзів тут!
                        Всім удачі та відміного здоров'я))))))

Comment

Hello. I am Dmitriy from Russia

Comment

Hello all. My name is Felix from Iowa. Been working on electronics for a few years and dabbling in to TV repairs. Need some help on some new problems.

Comment

Hey All:
                              In Canada!
                              Service Tech
                              Power Measurement Ltd
                              Alarm System Tech
                              Dam I love this site.

Tim

Comment

Hi, i'm Harry from Germany and i'm tryin to fix my d*mn 8570p elitebook...

Comment

Hello,
                                  I'm Michael from Houston Tx, just a guy that hates seeing electronics go to waste, so I started trying to figure out why they quit working. Not to mention I got lucky with a couple cap replacements with some dumpster TV's and made out like a bandit. So several dumpster TV's later here I am looking for more insight and advice that can quell the outbursts of profanity and fit throwing in my home.

Comment

Hi EveryOne ..
                                    Specially to our friendly admins...
                                    By the way im new here...
                                    I have a long journey to learn about computers.
                                    now i finally have knowlwdge on it...
                                    but not enough to handle the hard thing,
                                    learn, explore, having new friends here... a starting point for my new journey again

Comment

Hello all.
                                      My name is Kevin from Michigan. I'm currently trying to fix a SIEMENS PCU50 from one of our CNC machines at work.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Ben from Austin, TX, USA.
                                        I've been a Ham operator since I was a kid, moved on to transistors & IC's, as a hobby, and now am trying to get my sons and Scouts interested in saving and repairing electronics. I came to this forum to fix an Olevia 65" LCD TV (265TFHD-T11) with the dreaded "2 seconds to black" problem. I'm here to learn and help where I can.

Comment

Another Belgian here!

This septuagenarian is not too old to take up a new hobby ... so why not computers?

Comment

Working...
                                          X