Need help on emachines 1840 Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on emachines 1840 Plz

Hi guys am new here. am am in need of some help on why does my pc wont turn on now after changing bad caps. like 2 moths ago they were replaced by Bestbuy(YEC Caps) where i had bought it from under warranty period. well that's over with now so i noticed the same problem will occur. the pc goes into a kinda hybernation mode and the orange light stays on. well after powering off it will come on again after a while boom would go into like hybernation. my thing is i didnt even know what the hel they meant by caps lol. now i know is capacitors Hehe so i bought new ones replaced 10 on the board which they had replaced(bestbuy) to be on the safe side and now the Pc wont power on. the orange light indicating like hybernation or sleep. is on and the pc wont come on. well i read somewhere about this switch on the pc's that will prevent further damege to the pc. since am new to this computer thing where the hell is it? LOL any help would be greatly appariciated Thanks in advance

Re: Need help on emachines 1840 Plz

Originally posted by xky11
    Hi guys am new here. am am in need of some help on why does my pc wont turn on now after changing bad caps. like 2 moths ago they were replaced by Bestbuy(YEC Caps) where i had bought it from under warranty period. well that's over with now so i noticed the same problem will occur. the pc goes into a kinda hybernation mode and the orange light stays on. well after powering off it will come on again after a while boom would go into like hybernation. my thing is i didnt even know what the hel they meant by caps lol. now i know is capacitors Hehe so i bought new ones replaced 10 on the board which they had replaced(bestbuy) to be on the safe side and now the Pc wont power on. the orange light indicating like hybernation or sleep. is on and the pc wont come on. well i read somewhere about this switch on the pc's that will prevent further damege to the pc. since am new to this computer thing where the hell is it? LOL any help would be greatly appariciated Thanks in advance
    Make sure that the heatsink is seated properly and then check the voltages, if possible.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

heatsink seems fine all i did was replaced 10 capacitors at 1500 micro 6.5volts now am wondering if any capacitor will do. or do i need to buy special ones. the ones i took out are very cheap they are YEC and all but one is swollen and has brown leaks on the top. talked to emachins and they said remove all cables drives and see. this is all new to me right now theres this thing that i dont even know the name of it lol. which makes a sound by the power button. like a cd kinda thing if i remove the ribbon cable from it the pc makes all the sounds like is gonna power up and the orange light dosent come on. but no screen pic or sound. if i connect the ribbon to that the pc is like is in protection mode. orange light comes on. i have no voltmeter so am kinda stock there. any more ideas? thanks to all that give me a hand here

Comment

which brand/series of caps did you use?
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

to tell you the thruth i cant say for sure the brand i got of this guy that sells electronic components. he said m something like they are black with gold he told me they were good then again any sell person will tell you that . i noticed that the foils are very small on this so what u also did was scrape the board to make a better connetion. iv'e seen people talking about different caps from different materials. i hope maybe i messed up in pacing this caps and i should get others this ones say +105 oC FC and a m in a box the pervious were YAC seen here they are garbege i cannot agree more they didnt even last 2 months. i replcaed 10 only one seemed good. am gonna try to get the supplier on the phone later or something to know for sure what he sold me. if not i would like to know what mobo i could get that resonable. i know i have a micro atx TriGem International ImperialGL. but i would like to find a way to fix this if i can you know i like to learn new things. so any more suggestions or help is greatly appariciated. heres a lil pic i took with phone i know is blurry but i dont have a digi cam. Thanks BTW Am a Mod At A FTA Site If youll need Info PM Me
          Attached Files

Comment

They're Panasonic/Matsushita caps, which are good.
            The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

yeah that matsushita sounds like what the seller said but any ideas why is not coming to life again after just repalcing caps? is there a switch or something i should reset somewhere? not willing to give up yet.

Comment

yo talked to a computer rapair man he told me that i might be better off buying a new PC. couse buying a new Mother board will need to be jumped to work properly and if not done right i can burn the new Board is this true? and the cost for jumping a new mother board is about $120.00 bucks. i would like to learn about this so all you pros if you dont mind shering some light on this i would really appariciate it. thanks to all. Peace

Comment

never heard of that. If you want to use a normal MB in the emachines case then go to http://emachineupgraders.info, they have great information on all things eMachines.
                  The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

The mainboard is this:
                    MBEM2095IMPL

http://parts.emachines.com/emachines...oduct_id=68915

Made by TriGem
                    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

i read somewhere about this switch on the pc's that will prevent further damege to the pc.
                      no idea about that. can you please clear the cmos using the jumper and then try to boot.

theres this thing that i dont even know the name of it lol. which makes a sound by the power button.
                      whats that can we get a pic

can you tell us what is written on the panasonic caps you put on the board.
                      which caps are left on the board that you did not replace. what is written on them?

the cost for jumping a new mother board is about $120.00 bucks
                      that is BS whatever jumping is i dont know.

Thanks BTW Am a Mod At A FTA Site If youll need Info PM Me
                      link?

Comment

well originally it had 10 of the same YEC caps(replaced by Best buy in december) only one was good. but i went and replaced all 10 anyways with M caps. i can see smaller caps some are made by sam young and they are 70 mf and 6v i also see some smaller ones that have a symbol of ohm more or less they are blue 220 mf 16 volts. and 3 brown ones that say kzg 1500 mf at 16 volts all look good i think i may need to buy a multi meter to get back in the game. i see the jumper and it says clear cmos do i just take the lil block off and try to turn it on? is that what you mean
                        the caps i bought are navy blue with gold anclosed is a (m)+105 degrees c fc 1500 mf and 6.3 volts. as for the guy i talked to his advice was to just buy a new pc. couse according to him theres a lot of jumping to do the board. he might be BS me. i think if i must buy a Mobo i would for sure not buy it from Emachines couse it must be expensive to get it from. besides for a more $ maybe i can get a better MOBO. am wondering if i can buy one with pentium 4. one last question i have a memory stick of 512 266mhz DDR pc 2100 which i would like to use on new board any advice on what i can buy. even if it dosent have celeron. any1 is invited to visit our Site Heres the link and thanks to all for the help yall given Me Peace X
                        http://www.gat-s.biz/forum/index.php?

Comment

i see the jumper and it says clear cmos do i just take the lil block off and try to turn it on?
                          yeh it should have 3 pins. say it is on 1+2 then take the power cord from the board and put the block on 2+3 for 10 secs then put it back on 1+2 and boot. if it is already on 2+3 then do the reverse of what i said.

the caps i bought are navy blue with gold anclosed is a (m)+105 degrees c fc 1500 mf and 6.3 volts
                          panasonic FC, they are a good choice

besides for a more $ maybe i can get a better MOBO
                          if you are not interested in overclocking then get an intel D875PBZLK / D875PBZ without lan from ebay or (if you are interested in upgrading proc and ram at some point). revision 206 and above runs prescott. and all good caps. great board. otherwise if you wanna stay with 845 then get an intel blue mountain 2 d845pebt2 another solid board. your board appears to have no agp and that is kinda limiting upgrade options if you wanted to.

anyway we can assist with your board. tell us if the cmos clear worked or not.
                          Last edited by willawake; 02-25-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Sorry i took so long to repply but i havent really had the time or will to play with the board again. but i tried the clearing of the cmos like you said and nothing the board is in COMA LOL. i placed the jumper on 2 and 3 plugged it up and at least the light is not on anymore. leave it for ten secs. then i switch it back of course with power cord off. and the damn light is still on like protection mode. before i know that wiggling of the cable to the hard disk will make it kinda sound like it was coming alive but then the light will come on i was able to turn it off by holdding the power button. havent been able to do that messed with the cablie moving it and is worse now. as for buying a new MOBO and almost there i berelly use my pc for nothing important noticed that MOBO of this kind are like 40-80 bucks. i hope is like plug and play and setting the same jumpers on new board well i wil buy a new one maybe from tigerdirect. will come with instructions and warranty. on ebay i might as well say am dead if i mess it up lol. now i need to look for a copy of xp home for new board since iv'e seen i can use the same key the old one had. if i could make it work would be nice if not is all good at least ama learn something new outta this. maybe make it a hobby if i do this right and also always check caps when first error pops up. LOL you guys have been great in trying to help visit our site if you interested in learning new things also.

Comment

Did you check your solder joints to make sure you did a good job of soldering? Make sure no traces are broken, or that you got sloppy with solder everywhere...
                              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

well all the capacitors are in the same connection type board. meaning i can sracpe the board anywhere to make a better connection. and i kinda noticed a broken path on the board which i made. put a wire to recoonect it. but is kinda hard when you dont have a multitester to verify. i will be looking into buying a multitester since i guess is kinda of a need. for many things either way ama buy a new MOBO this weekend at tigerdirect and maybe later i can trouble shoot the old bord with multitester. i just wish i had a copy of xp home couse i have the key but not the actuall operating sytem alone emachines has a lot of crap an am not familiar with making my own cd yet. i have a copy of xp pro but key is not good. so i will need either one key for pro or xp home which i have the key for it. either way i hope to make this a good learning experience and learning something new. thaks for all of you that has gave me ideas on this board. any new ones on how to makea bootable cd from the original's from emachines is greatly welcomed. noticed how to do on win 98 by unoffical emachines site thanks to the member that posted that great link. am not a puter wiz so all help is greatly appriciated. thanks to all once again

Comment

FYI:

Good Emachines links for future posts;

Main Page
                                  http://www.emachineupgraders.info/

Forum
                                  http://s2.invisionfree.com/emachineupgraders/
                                  Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

well i havent been around for the longest here i have to mod at other sites lol. then again i ended up buying a new Mobo and CPU. fix most of the problems then i didnt have audio with the borad i got so i was given a sound card by a friend now is all working. i also did another emachines today come to find out some one placed the CPU wrong and bended 2 of the little contacts making the Mobo protect itself. after a coulpe of hours we saw that the small pins were bent and we fix them up now that computer is wroking like new. i wish i would had been that lucky my self but i wasent the CPU was fried and the MOBO well i messed up one foil maybe i can work on it again lol. now i think i know a small thing about this daqmn pc's lol. thanls to all that tried to help me and well if any one needs help on some Visit our site. Pm me for details thanks again to every one that tried to help. Peace

Comment

Please check your power supply or you may have more troubles brewing down the road. A cheap or over taxed power supply can kill your new motherboard in short order. Since your warrantee has been voided, there's no harm opening that power supply up (after caps are discharged) and checking for bloated and/or cheap caps.

Comment

on the other friends emachines the power supply is bad for sure and on my pc ot looks all good thanks for the tips. every one and the patience on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                        X