Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFI Tool - reconstructed body size is smaller than original

Hi,

I have a BIOS dump from my Lenovo T470p. I can open it with UEFI Tool just fine. The dump size is 16384KB which is the expected value.

With the UEFI tool I extracted the BIOS region 'as is'. The extracted BIOS region file size is 9216KB.

I donwloaded the original BIOS update from Lenovo, from here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...loads/ds120707

I extracted this BIOS download from Lenovo and the file size of the FL1 is 9197KB. I tried to replace the BIOS region in my BIN with this FL1 file but it is failing with the following error message:

"reconstructIntelImage: reconstructed body size FFB260h (16757344) is smaller then original 1000000h (16777216)"

I guess the issue here is my BIOS region size is 9216KB and I am trying to replace it with a smaller region, 9197KB.

This is the first time when I try to do this. Any help welcome. How can I replace my BIOS region in the right way?

Thank you!

p.s.: I hope that this the right place to post my question, if not, apologize.

Re: UEFI Tool - reconstructed body size is smaller than original

Never mind. Looks like it is resolved now and I figured this out..

Comment

Re: UEFI Tool - reconstructed body size is smaller than original

Hi,

How did you resolved this issue I have same problem

Comment

Working...
      X