Pn60e530a3f Y-Main

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pn60e530a3f Y-Main

Does anyone have one of these Y-Main boards lying around and can read the value of resistor R5214 for me. I'm unable to determine through the color bands. It's near the VSCAN circuit. I've replaced the bad caps and chip just want to make sure it's correct. Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Pn60e530a3f Y-Main

Here's the picture from shopjimmy of the board with the resistor marked. Thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

Measure it, I think its 0.4 Ω
      Yellow = 4
      Black = 0
      Silver = multiplier .01
      Gold = 5%
      Black is likely TC or something else

Comment

I would measure it but I’ve misplaced it. I removed it along with several caps to test and can’t find it. I thought it might be .4 ohms as well and the closest I could find near me was .39 ohms. I replaced the IC and caps for the VSCAN circuit as well. The tv powers up fine but I’m getting lots of sparkles. I’ve tried adjusting VS, VE, VA and VSCAN to try to make it look better and can get it to improve but not enough. Thought that I made a mistake on the value of the resistor. All my voltages are spot on. On thing I’ve noticed checking voltages with my meter is if I touch the pin 2 of the photoisolater it puts the tv back to sound only with the long LED flash on the logic board. It may just be turning the isolater off by doing that. I’m not sure. The sparkles are on any input and also doing the logic test so I know I’ve stl got an issue just hoping it had something to do with the resistor but guess not. I’ve also tried another X-Main from shopjimmy but same result. I don’t have a oscilloscope which would help me to isolate the noise. Just a meter with capacitance. I know I’m rambling but I’m kinda hitting a brick wall with my limited knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Here's what the video looks like.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a picture of the isolater U5003 pointing to the pin that I touched with my meter probe that put the tv into fault.

Comment

Sorry here's the pic
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's some pics of the boards. I'm just at a loss. All I have is a meter with a capacitance testing function so I've removed and tested all the small blue caps that have been causing problems talked about on this forum. I found 4 of them questionable. Two below 7mf and two reading short. The others test good.

I thought it might be a bad X-main but replacing it produced the same results. Could be another bad board but not sure which direction to go now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's a better shot of the picture I'm getting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Going into the service menu and logic test and cycling through the different test patterns I can even see the history channel logo in the bottom right. After repair I've always used the Roku box for testing.
                    Not sure what it's called and it's hard to see from the pictures but cycling through the red, blue and green boxes it displays perfectly. I did a software update through USB with no improvement. Does this point towards the logic board?
                    I was under the assumption that the logic test screens were all produced from the logic board and all test patterns would show defects. Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Replaced the logic board with same result. Could this be a bad panel?

Comment

Here's a link to the logic board test patterns I'm getting
                        https://vimeo.com/312267815?ref=em-v-share

Comment

https://vimeo.com/312267815?ref=em-v-share

Comment

Working...
                          X