Finding replacement bits for a Panasonic Plasma SC board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding replacement bits for a Panasonic Plasma SC board

I'm trying to fix a Panasonic 42" plasma TV. I've narrowed it down to the SC board, a TNPA4829.

---

I've found two shorted components that I think are causing the board to be no good:

One is a IGBT: 2PG011. Panasonic are eating their own dogfood here.

You can see the datasheet here:

Sadly Panasonic don't make it any more, and they have appeared to given up altogether with IGBT.

Do you reckon something like http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/igbt-transistors/5411477/, a IRG4BC40WPBF from International Rectifier would do the trick? I don't really feel qualified to spec up a replacement.

---

The other part is labelled 30G123. I've no idea what that is.

It looks like:

not my photo. It's difficult for me to tell what it is as the one I've removed is doing a very good impression of a 3 way piece of wire, but there is another non-shorted one on the board I guess I could take out if anyone could give me some encouragement that I might be able to spec out a replacement by examining the part.

AliExpress/AliBaba have some but I don't really want to wait for it to be delivered from China, and I'd rather buy from a quality supplier.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Finding replacement bits for a Panasonic Plasma SC board

The last one is a Toshiba GT30G123 , 400v igbt

See (page 12)

Comment

Simply replacing the blown IGBTs may not get it going as there can be other parts taken out with the failure. One thing I see diifferent is the max pulsed current at 230A for the panasonic item compared to 160A for your sub.

I have no idea if that will come into play. I think you'd have to fully insulate the sub when mounting as the IGBTs panasonic uses are fully plastic.

Could you post a hi-res shot of the board and also the location identifiers for the blown IGBTs.
      Last edited by tw2005; 04-12-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Have you checked out the buffer boards for shorts just in case they're bad too?

I got ny parts from a supplier in China, turned out ok got 2 of my SC boards going. A couple of parts looked harvested but were all good and fairly cheap.

I think you may have some suppliers of oem Panasonic local but those IGBTs seem quite expensive doing it that way, China is generally cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2PG011-Ma...item1e7666ef87

http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...3-1905635.html

http://www.utsource.net/2pg011.html

Same seller, notice the ebay item is slightly cheaper. They can be quite variable with their pricing, that is they make it up a bit. I have been quoted $1 per unit and $2 per unit for the same Schmitt inverter. The same item if available in RS were only 70c ea. Overall they're cheaper but always do your research.

A British example. http://www.littlediode.com/components/2PG011.html

At that price you'd be better buying http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?m...ducts_id=14732

just for the parts. I would'nt trust the description though as I think they have this incorrectly labelled for a 42" but the part number and Rev AB looks to be 50" to me.

They're cheap but I have had dud parts from them but others have had plenty of success. probably not such an issue for local purchasers.
        Last edited by tw2005; 04-12-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/sea...=B1jadp000004+

https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/sea...l?query=2pg011

Comment

Cheers.

As for the original "replacement" igbt, I was going to get the mica sheets out. Now I look again though I see I can buy all plastic ones in slightly different packaging, but I'm sure if I bent the wires they'd go in. By the time you get to decent replacements, they cost as much as CHS anyway.

I didn't see CHS had them.

Since it seems to boil down to £20 for two IGBTs or £30 for an entire board full, I think replacing the board seems like the way forwards.

Comment

Well, those SC boards sell fast. The link I posted now sold. If you manage to find a SC board maybe keep the old one as a project. Fault find it & Order the bits from china and take your time.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                Well, those SC boards sell fast. The link I posted now sold.
                Yeah, to me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSkippy View Post
                  Yeah, to me :-)
                  did you confirm with them it was for the 42"??

Comment

No, but like you say, if it goes wrong I can pull the diodes from one and put in the board I've already got.

Comment

Well, that's fine in theory assuming you've found all the faulty parts?

So if you have not and you harvest the IGBTs into your board and they then blow again say, you're back where you started.

The point I was trying to make was if you were insistent of getting the parts OEM from quality sources at the prices I was seeing then yes that board was worth it for the parts.

I'll have a look through some manuals and see if I can spot what parts are different. I'm pretty sure someone got caught out with different connectors for the SU/SD boards.

I'm pretty sure yours should be TXNSC1EKUU, TNPA4829 rev AD

Comment

Connectors at the buffers are different.

Transistors appear the same

IC16791 modules are different

CAPS have differences

inductors different values and locations.

diodes look the same

I expect the resistors will be the same, big list not checked.

So if it is the wrong version another alternative would be to transfer all of the above differences from your board to the replacement assuming they send a good one.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tw2005; 04-13-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Spotted another difference, adjustment pots- 3 on yours, 2 on the 50"

So that will probably mean resistor difference(s) , there's at least 4 I can spot at a glance.

VR16600 50K
                          VR16601 5k
                          VR16841 20k

VR16600 50k
                          VR16601 5k
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tw2005; 04-13-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            Connectors at the buffers are different.

Transistors appear the same

IC16791 modules are different

CAPS have differences

inductors different values and locations.

diodes look the same

I expect the resistors will be the same, big list not checked.

So if it is the wrong version another alternative would be to transfer all of the above differences from your board to the replacement assuming they send a good one.
                            Bump.

As you say, it's a similar but wrong board I've got.

The fact you can prepare these lists of components suggest you've got service manuals for these boards. Where did you get them from/can I have a copy?

Comment

I have some linked in my signature. A lot copied from Panasonic's China site when someone leaked the log in to me.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

42" Panasonic TNPA4829 AD

tc-p42u1, tx-p42s10b, tx-p42s11b, tx-p42u10b

46" Panasonic TNPA4829 AC

TC-P46U1, TX-P46S10B

50" PANASONIC TNPA4829 AB

TC-P50U1, TX-P50S10B
                                Attached Files

Comment

I have one of these boards in, and your parts list is a great help as we can order direct from Panasonic, glad someone out there can get onto the manuals..

We have the board with Q402, Q421, Q422, Q661 & D865 all shorted, disconnecting them has removed all shorts from the board, so hopefully replacing them will cure the problem.
                                  (I think the parts list precedes the parts with 16, eg Q16402... ?)
                                  The SC board from Panasonic is £197.28 trade price

Comment

Also check for shorts Q16701, Q16702, IC16773, IC16771, IC16464, IC16465,

Measure resistance on P5V, and P15V line in, check FET driver ICs,

If you get all those from Panasonic, it will be very expensive and good chance it's more than what you've listed and they'll blow again.

Q16402, 2PG0090000R (2PG009) Panasonic IGBT; VCES (V): 510; Ic (A): 40; tf (µs) typ: 0.19; Vce typ: 1.95; Package: TO-220FN

Q16421, Q16422, = GT30G123 (30G123) Toshiba IGBT; VCES (V): 430; Ic (A): 30;(200A Peak pulse); Vce typ: 2.2; Package: TO-220FN

Q16661 = RJP6065DPP-90-T2 RENESAS IGBT; VCES (V): 630; Ic (A): 40; tf (µs) typ: 0.45; Vce typ: 1.8; Package: TO-220FN
                                    RJP63F3A would work. RENESAS

D16865 = RF101L4S TE25, ROHM 400V 1A

Q16701, = MMBTA92 NXP , PNP high-voltage transistor 300V 0.1A

Q16702 = 2SD0601A0L,,2PD601ART, NXP , 50 V, 100 mA NPN general-purpose transistor

Q16501,521,531,551,762, = SANYO, PNP / NPN Silicon Transistor, CPH5524-TL-E

Q16647,607,608,817,818,874 = ROHM , Small switching N-channel MOSFET (30V, 0.1A) 2SK3018T106 (2N7002 will work, watch the package sizes)

IC16771,= TOSHIBA TA78L05F(TE12L,F) , 78L05

IC16464, IC16465 , IC16773 C0JBAB000715 = TOSHIBA TC7SH14F (TE85L), (Texas Instruments SN74AHC1G14DBVR)
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 08-08-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Re: my original board- I just replaced the shorted transistors and they blew immediately again when I powered the set back on.

I fixed my TV by buying another SC board in the end.

Comment

I've just started working on the same board TNPA4829 AD.

masaudio did you get anywhere with yours? I haven't started pulling components yet but from in-circuit tests it looks to have the same shorted components. Would be good to hear your experience.

tw2005, thanks for all your work and posting on these sc boards. I've been reading your thread and it looks like it's going to be a big help. Will let you all know how I go and will probably have more questions.

Comment

Working...
                                        X