• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop VIT M2400. Works Intermittently

Hi all.

Receive a warm greeting.

I have a Laptop Brand VIT, model M2400.
    CPU i3 2330M
    Plate: Rev. 2.3. Hannstar. E89382, it's the only thing written.

When the charger is connected, the equipment turns on lights but does not do anything, does not respond to the keyboard, there is no image on the screen.

Equipment was disassembled to look for components in short circuit, they were not found, I have an equal plate and compared with it, since I did not find a service diagram.

I measured the signal on the bios pins and watched a train of sporadic pulses, extracted the BIOS chip, made a backup, did the same with the other plate and compared both backups, the problematic plate was very different from the plate reference.
    Then record the new information on the chip.

I installed it, connect power and the motherboard turned on, but when I turned it off to connect the hard drive, the fault reappeared.

Tente all the voltages in the coils, except the voltage of 0.44vdc, this voltage is absent when the equipment does not turn on, the rest of the tensions are correct and during the failure, a whistle is heard. I can not determine where that whistle comes from.

Connecting the laptop to the power, without the CPU and Memory Installed, just makes the attempt to turn it on, but the voltages start to oscillate between 0vdc and 5.1vdc or 12vdc for the case of transistors or mosfet that are close to JP8103.

After turning the computer on and off repeatedly, the motherboard restarts and works well, with the hard drive, the computer shuts down if it goes into suspension, when it tries to wake up, it immediately shuts down.

Upload photos with the voltages obtained in the on state.

The zone demarcated in blue is the one that stops working when the fault occurs, the IC controller has all its correct voltages 3.3v / 5,1v, 19,1v. Check the component's datasheet and I can not determine what activates the UGATEG outputs

What else can I check?
    Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
Working...
X