Pages sent to printer sliding off page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pages sent to printer sliding off page

I can print to the printer just fine from a Vista pc using the same settings as are giving me issues in 10. However there's no way to share the printer because it says you can't share a printer on an internet port.

So I'm back to needing it set up as a TCP/IP port even if I wanted to share it to my Windows 10 systems from the Vista server computer.
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Comment

I guess you have tried the select a shared printer by name option, Not being in front of it makes it hard to figure out, There will be a way I'm sure.

Comment

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...7itprohardware

Read the last message in that thread.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I had to skip some of the more windy posts above, as it was not to clear if any of it was relevant.

My answer are based on following statements from OP as I understand them:
          - Network printing is possible, but results are somewhat mixed
          - Printing directly by USB works correctly

From this, I doubt the printer driver is faulty. My guess is that the prints gets corrupted either when passed through the OS network print or by the USR5461 print server.

The setup procedure is found here, Win10 isn't that different:
          https://support.usr.com/support/doc-....html&loc=unst

I found the following instructions for printing problems under Win2k.
          https://support.usr.com/support/doc-...x.htm&loc=unst

From it, I would advice that when selecting your printer, Manage-button and then Printer Properties:
          - Under Ports, select Configure port, make sure the same port (1631/9100?) is specified here as in your print server, and that RAW is chosen as protocol
          - Under Advanced, unselect Enable Advanced Printing Features if selected
          - Also under Advanced, select Print Processor and make sure that RAW is also selected here.

There doesn't seem to be any configurations possible on the print server, but from your screen grab above it looks like you're not running the latest firmware. The latest beta seem to fix printing issues.
          https://support.usr.com/support/prod....asp?prod=5461
          Last edited by sofTest; 09-17-2018, 11:39 AM.
          ------------
          Be a mensch

Comment

The printer is working with the router as it is supposed to now. Thanks to those who offered productive replies.
            canadaboy25

Comment

Glad you have it working, If you would care to share what you did it may help someone else in the future, If not thats ok too.

Comment

Rather annoyingly, the issue ended up being a mechanical issue with the printer.

So apparently the printer managed to coincidental work fine every time I tried from an older computer and only act up when printing from my pc which didn't make it easy to figure out.

There was a small 1mm thick cushion on a solenoid inside the printer that controlled the transfer timing that had squashed down to about 0.25mm. Scraped it off and replaced it with a few layers of black tape to get the correct thickness. Seems to have solved the problem.

So that link in a previous reply must be correct about new versions of Windows only working with the printer set up as an internet port while XP and Vista are fine with it set up as a TCP/IP port. Go Figure.
                canadaboy25

Comment

Working...
                X