X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,
    I'm Onder from Istanbul, Turkey. After years of hard working in electronics industry in the field of colour tv manufacturing as an electronics engineer, I'm running my own business since 2004. In my small workshop I'm repairing TV sets, pc's and notebooks in chip set level. I'm glad to be a part of this group.

Comment

Hello everybody!
      I'm Thierry, living in Brussels, Belgium and a French native speaker as you'll have noticed from my accent...

My monitor (Samsung SyncMaster245B) just went black after some 6 or 7 years of very intensive (nearly continuous!) operation, so I searched for ideas and I found some here that I might try, although I'm not used to the soldering iron since my student days (a long time ago, and never very good at that, to be honest!).
      So thanks to those who have given repair suggestions, I'll tell if I succeed.

Comment

Hello! My name is Tim and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm here because I found a 50" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV on the side of the road, and I'm trying to get it working. I'm always taking stuff apart and putting it back together, so this is the next step after attempting repairs on amplifiers.

Comment

Hello,

This is Romain, from France (near the city of Nantes).
          Just registered here as i just opened up an old viewsonic vx2255wmb, which displays 4 bad caps from a quick look.
          So now just browsing the forum, trying to find additional infos on thse screens that seem to be all doomed to die in 2 or 3 years...

Comment

hi my name is mike i am new here a little about my self i am in my late 40s and have always enjoyed repairing things i was a senior master technician for ford for 20 years i say was because there is no money in dealerships anymore i now am a foreman for a large privately owned school bus company big change in life but they treat me well the reason i am here is for every ones expertise i recently took up a new hobby of buying and repairing televisions my wife thinks i am crazy but she knows i enjoy it any help would be appreciated thanks

Comment

Hello, new member here. I was searching for BIOS password help when I found this site. I work at my home repairing computers. I'll be back to give more details about myself. After just a quick look, I can see there's lots of information here that I can use.
              Looking back, when I said I wanted to be somebody, I should've been a lot more specific

Comment

hi have a proscan plded3996a powers up has dark blue screen does have sound and can change channels just no picture tried resetting cables no luck any help would be appreciated thanks mike

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the information on this site. I have a faulty Panasonic plasma power supply that I'll be asking for help on shortly...

Ian

Comment

Hello all, nick from cleveland here. I've always beeen somewhat modest online but in real life you can't shut me up. I've been working on electronics for as long as i can remember.. I am primarily self taught with some very basic electronics vocational training in high school. So far Ive managed a very high success rate with computers appliances mobile phones vending and arcade machines. I am always reading and always looking to learn more as I go. Unfortunately funds do not permit formal training in these areas so this will continue to be a hobby and favor/barter system that I provide for friends and family.

Comment

hi guys, I decided to join this forum because I've read a lot of good info that you be discuusing with other guys and it sound like a lot of fun to get to learn different things from such knowleagable people. I replaced a bad cap in my tv a while back,after I found out how to do it online, I've been hooked ever since. So I hope to have some fun and possibly learn a thing or two on this forum. Oh! I'm from a small town in NC in my mid 50's.

Comment

Hey guys, I just found out about this forum and could really use some technical advice for repairing my plasma. Ill see you in the threads.

-Kenny

Comment

hello! here is GM from Italy, working at Batter Fly, we sell T&M, ESD and soldering systems. try to be active to learn as much I can in this life.
                          running, biking, oscilloscoping

Comment

Hi, I'm Lee and I live in Odessa, Tx. I am an electronics technician for an oilfield service company, I maintain PLC's and process meters on a large fleet of cement pumping equipment and frac pumps, my past includes EPG, SCR and VFD.

Lee

Comment

Hi, my name is Bob from Bethel Park, PA. I try to repair my own stuff and usually successful at it. Nice to find a resource like this.

Comment

The name's Mike. I've dabbled in electronics for most of my life, and that's inevitably meant crossing paths with my share of busted TVs. I find it way more satisfying if I can fix something that breaks rather than simply replacing it; living on a budget makes it much easier to make that call ;p

Comment

I'm Renif, Been playing with everything from PC's, home wiring, hydraulic and drill rig systems for years... Started training as a electronic engineer, but strayed to welding, so now a qualified boilermaker which is suprisingly useless when your trying to repair a TV, I have enough knowledge to cover the basics, however forums like this grant access to heaps of people who would have seen there fair share of busted electronics.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm a 37 year old gadget junkie who enjoy building computers.I stumbled upon this year while searching for possible solutions to what is asking my LCD TV. No one locally will fix it, and I doubt the trial cost might be more than the cost of the TV. Reading the posts before I signed up, this sounds like a great place to get helpful advice!

Comment

My name is George. From Commodore 64 to i7 and from tube amplifiers to smd circuits always learning. Thanks badcaps!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Elias. I'm from Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm a new forum member. Looking forward to share and solve technical issues. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X