QDI mainboard with bad caps - Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDI mainboard with bad caps - Need some help

Hai all, I need some help with this project.

I got a mainboard that is in need of some recapping. I got it a week ago from Ebay with caps that look good, but after a week I got 3 leaking and 2 bulging caps. All the caps that are bad at the moment are the ‘Nichicon 6,3v 3300uf 105c H0249 HM(M)’ but next to it are ‘Nichicon 6,3v 3300uf 105c H0302 HM(M)’ and I have read that they are even as bad, but not showing it yet.

Also I like to replace the 3 ‘Rubycon 16v 2200uf 105c S0245 ZL’ to be safe and 1 ‘HD Z1 1500 6,3v’ because it has a big dent in it or even a hole.

So why is this board so important to me. Well I am building the ultimate retro computer that should be compatible with 99% of the games or software from beginning of dos time till Windows XP or even a bit later. For high compatibility with dos games, you need a ISA sound card or a PCI sound card that can emulate how ISA works. The best way to do this is with the use of the pc/pci connector on the mainboard connected to a sound card. Only problem is that that there are not much mainboard around with a Pentium 4 socket and boards with a 533Mhz bus even less.

So I want the mainboard to last a very long time and would love to replace them with polymer caps. But only if it can be done 100% without problems, if not I want to stay with the normal caps but at least with the highest possible quality that don’t make me poor :P

I have no idea where to watch out for. I know the volts can be higher but the capacity should be as much as the same. I know that ESR is important but I have no idea how to apply it.

This is a picture of the mainboard and the list of caps. I would also like to know if I should replace them al or only the problem caps. If so could anyone tell me if there are more caps that are none go bad from the list.

1. 5x Nichicon 6,3v 3300uf 105c H0302 HM(M)
    2. 5x Nichicon 6,3v 3300uf 105c H0249 HM(M)
    3. 3x Rubycon 16v 2200uf 105c S0245 ZL
    4. 1x HD Z1 1500 6,3v
    5. 9x DST 6,3v 1000uf 105c
    6. 2x TAICON 6,3V 1000uf 105c(HD) 0240(M)
    7. 6x NOVA 10v 220uf 105c
    8. 4x NOVA 16v 100uf 105c Short
    9. 3x NOVA 25v 22uf 105c
    10. 7x NOVA 50v 10uf 105c
    11. 5x NOVA 16v 100uf 105c Long
    12. 1x NOVA 25v 220uf 105c
    13. 2x NOVA 25v 33uf 105c
    14. 1x Fujicon 16v 47uf 105c(M) RM
    Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-19-2017, 02:16 AM.

Re: QDI mainboard with bad caps - Need some help

i would try to replace the HM's with 2000uf poly's
    in the past i would have used rubycon MBZ or MCZ, but they are discontinued now.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      i would try to replace the HM's with 2000uf poly's
      in the past i would have used rubycon MBZ or MCZ, but they are discontinued now.
      Ok you say try, are there possible problems? Also if I replace them with polymer caps what should i buy? I found on Farnell 2000uf polymer caps only from Wurth and i just read that they are very unknown and what should i replace the 2 Rubycon caps with? I only found 2700uf not 3300. Also what about the ESR the Wurth has 3 kinds is ESR not important?
      Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-19-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

1 and 2 are the same and probably serve the same purpose. The only difference is the data code, just different batches.

Farnell is a bit weak in the polymer capacitors department and what they have is kind of expensive.
        Since you're in Europe, you may try and see how TME.eu works for you.

For 1 and 2, it's a bit on the low side, but I think you'll be fine even with 1500uF 6.3v polymer capacitors. I would recommend 1800uF or 2200uF but they're just not available.

TME.eu stocks 1500uF 6.3v Samxon (X-Con ULR series) : https://www.tme.eu/en/details/ulr150.../ulr158m0jg1b/

They're relatively cheap, around 0.65 euro if you buy a pack of 20, and that includes my country's 19% VAT.

Also 1000uF 6.3v to replace those 9 DST capacitors : https://www.tme.eu/en/details/ulr100...8m0jf1arrx0cr/

The ones around the audio chips and network chips ( 8, 10 ) you should probably leave them be, they're unlikely to be bad or cause problems. Around the audio chip, it would probably be best to stick with electrolytic capacitors and something that doesn't have super low ESR,,, maybe something like Panasonic FC series, Rubycon ZL , ZH, ZLH (low esr but not super low)...

The ones 100uF or lower, you should replace them with electrolytic capacitors and only if you feel like it, again they're unlikely to go bad.
        The 100uF capacitors are probably used to smooth the 12v going into pci slots, they don't need to be polymer or super low esr.

The 6 (1000uF 6.3v) are used for usb ports, just some extra "juice" for when you plug devices into the port and the device sucks a lot of energy at start. You can use same choice you use for 5 (dst 1000uF 6.3v) , to save some money by buying in quantity.

For 4 , if you choose to go with 1500/6.3 samxon i suggested above for 1 and 2, i think a polymer would work there as well. Though, HD series has a bit higher esr compared to polymer capacitors... i don't think it will matter, that seems to be the dc-dc converter for the memory sticks so it should be happy with a polymer capacitor there.

For 1 and 2, you could also just continue to stick with electrolytic capacitors.
        Farnell still stocks 10mm Nichicon HM : http://ro.farnell.com/nichicon/uhm0j...rad/dp/2113082
        A good alternative would be 2700uF Panasonic FR: http://ro.farnell.com/panasonic-elec...rad/dp/1800611
        (they only have Panasonic FM at 3300uF which sadly is 12.5mm wide)

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
          1 and 2 are the same and probably serve the same purpose. The only difference is the data code, just different batches.

Farnell is a bit weak in the polymer capacitors department and what they have is kind of expensive.
          Since you're in Europe, you may try and see how TME.eu works for you.

For 1 and 2, it's a bit on the low side, but I think you'll be fine even with 1500uF 6.3v polymer capacitors. I would recommend 1800uF or 2200uF but they're just not available.

TME.eu stocks 1500uF 6.3v Samxon (X-Con ULR series) : https://www.tme.eu/en/details/ulr150.../ulr158m0jg1b/

They're relatively cheap, around 0.65 euro if you buy a pack of 20, and that includes my country's 19% VAT.

Also 1000uF 6.3v to replace those 9 DST capacitors : https://www.tme.eu/en/details/ulr100...8m0jf1arrx0cr/

The ones around the audio chips and network chips ( 8, 10 ) you should probably leave them be, they're unlikely to be bad or cause problems. Around the audio chip, it would probably be best to stick with electrolytic capacitors and something that doesn't have super low ESR,,, maybe something like Panasonic FC series, Rubycon ZL , ZH, ZLH (low esr but not super low)...

The ones 100uF or lower, you should replace them with electrolytic capacitors and only if you feel like it, again they're unlikely to go bad.
          The 100uF capacitors are probably used to smooth the 12v going into pci slots, they don't need to be polymer or super low esr.

The 6 (1000uF 6.3v) are used for usb ports, just some extra "juice" for when you plug devices into the port and the device sucks a lot of energy at start. You can use same choice you use for 5 (dst 1000uF 6.3v) , to save some money by buying in quantity.

For 4 , if you choose to go with 1500/6.3 samxon i suggested above for 1 and 2, i think a polymer would work there as well. Though, HD series has a bit higher esr compared to polymer capacitors... i don't think it will matter, that seems to be the dc-dc converter for the memory sticks so it should be happy with a polymer capacitor there.

For 1 and 2, you could also just continue to stick with electrolytic capacitors.
          Farnell still stocks 10mm Nichicon HM : http://ro.farnell.com/nichicon/uhm0j...rad/dp/2113082
          A good alternative would be 2700uF Panasonic FR: http://ro.farnell.com/panasonic-elec...rad/dp/1800611
          (they only have Panasonic FM at 3300uF which sadly is 12.5mm wide)
          Thanks.

I have some questions. What do you suggest go with polymer or electrolytic? Also what you didn't wrote is what I should do with the caps of number 3. Could you give me a suggestion?

Some additional information:

The diameter of number 1 and 2 is 10mm and number 3 is 13mm

Comment

In the area near the processor, there's a lot of capacitors that have a basic purpose.

The three Rubycon ZL 2200uF 16v rated capacitors charge up with energy from the 12v of the power supply and act like "water tanks" or "fuel tanks" for the DC-DC converter circuit which powers the processor.

All the 1 and 2 capacitors are on the output of the DC-DC converter and again they store energy for the processor.
            The DC-DC converter (also called VRM short for voltage regulator module) simplu converts 12v to 1.6.. 1.75v in the case of socket 478 processors like Pentium 4. Modern processors these days use 0.6v to 1.45v but usually anything above 1.35v is kind of overclocking these days.

Why are they needed... well, the processor can at some points do nothing therefore will use very little power, and suddenly in the next microsecond it could use 30-50 watts so the DC-DC converter circuit will have to pull a lot of energy from the power supply.

If you "suck" a lot of energy from a power supply all of the sudden, the power supply may take too long to react to this and increase "production" and therefore the voltage would drop from 12v to a slightly lower value. In order to help the power supply and make it easier for it to output stable 12v voltage, the dc-dc converter has a few capacitors on the input which can fill up when the dc-dc converter isn't sucking a lot of power, and then when the dc-dc converter does need a lot of power all of the sudden it can take the energy from the capacitors and then from the power supply when the capacitors discharge.

So these capacitors don't have to be with super ultra high parameters like very low esr or high current ripples, because they don't charge and discharge super fast, they're not as heavily used as the capacitors on the output of the dc-dc converter.
            The Rubycon ZL series is a low ESR series, but it's not a "very low" , "ultra low" , super cool capacitors series, it doesn't have to be.
            However, the circuit and the motherboard wouldn't be affected in any way if you do use those super good capacitors and high end capacitor series like Panasonic FM, FR or United Chemi Con KZE or KZ* , or Nichicon HM/HN/HZ/HW would work there.

Basically, you want something low impedance (low esr) but doesn't have to be a series with highest ripple, very low esr
            For example, see page 2 of Rubycon chart :
            You want capacitors in the "low impedance" rectangle, where ZL series is, but you don't necessarily need expensive ZLJ with 10k hours and high ripple , or the expensive ZLG with super low ESR - you wouldn't gain anything on this motherboard with those.

The 1 and 2 capacitors are on the output and there, the ESR (resistance inside the capacitors) matters a lot. The higher the ESR, the harder it is for the dc-dc converter to output a very smooth and precise voltage to the processor. For example, when the processor asks for 1.65v the dc-dc converter could output 1.68v and because of the ESR of capacitors and other reasons, the processor would see only 1.62v.

In order to reduce the ESR of capacitors on the output, the motherboard manufacturer installs capacitors with higher capacitance than what's actually needed, because the more volume (taller capacitors and wider in diameter) the lower the ESR is. However, they can't go too wide in diameter because being round would use too much space and they can't go too high because heatsinks are big and tall capacitors would block
            the cpu cooler.
            So while they could have gone with 1800uF-2200uF capacitors and lower voltage rating (because you don't have more than 2v on the output), they went with 3300uF 6.3v capacitors because those had the lower esr at that maximum height and diameter. And then, to reduce the ESR even further, they put 2 or 3 such capacitors in parallel ... two in parallel will reduce the ESR by half, in theory.

Well, solid capacitors have a much lower ESR due to how they're designed... so for example while 3300uF 6.3v Nichicon HM have an average ESR of 12 mOhm and ~ 3000mA ripple current, a solid polymer capacitor like that 1500uF 6.3v capacitor I linked to will have and ESR of less than 10mOhm and ~ 5600 mA ripple current.
            So basically, we get better ESR with polymer capacitors without having to use very high capacity capacitance and tall capacitors that would block airflow there.

They didn't use solid polymer capacitors back then because they were more expensive, but nowadays the prices have come down a lot.

So go with electrolytic or polymer? I guess it depends on your budget. If it's cheaper to go with Farnell and Nichicon HM, then you can stick with 3300uF 6.3 Nichicon HM for 1 and 2
            Polymer capacitors have longer life than electrolytic capacitors, but even those electrolytic capacitors will make your board last another 5-10 years of 24/7 use.
            I also am not 100% sure if going so low in capacitance (1500uF) would actually be OK. I would be more comfortable with 1800uF or 2200uF 4v or 6.3v rated polymer capacitors there.
            Last edited by mariushm; 10-19-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
              In the area near the processor, there's a lot of capacitors that have a basic purpose.

The three Rubycon ZL 2200uF 16v rated capacitors charge up with energy from the 12v of the power supply and act like "water tanks" or "fuel tanks" for the DC-DC converter circuit which powers the processor.

All the 1 and 2 capacitors are on the output of the DC-DC converter and again they store energy for the processor.
              The DC-DC converter (also called VRM short for voltage regulator module) simplu converts 12v to 1.6.. 1.75v in the case of socket 478 processors like Pentium 4. Modern processors these days use 0.6v to 1.45v but usually anything above 1.35v is kind of overclocking these days.

Why are they needed... well, the processor can at some points do nothing therefore will use very little power, and suddenly in the next microsecond it could use 30-50 watts so the DC-DC converter circuit will have to pull a lot of energy from the power supply.

If you "suck" a lot of energy from a power supply all of the sudden, the power supply may take too long to react to this and increase "production" and therefore the voltage would drop from 12v to a slightly lower value. In order to help the power supply and make it easier for it to output stable 12v voltage, the dc-dc converter has a few capacitors on the input which can fill up when the dc-dc converter isn't sucking a lot of power, and then when the dc-dc converter does need a lot of power all of the sudden it can take the energy from the capacitors and then from the power supply when the capacitors discharge.

So these capacitors don't have to be with super ultra high parameters like very low esr or high current ripples, because they don't charge and discharge super fast, they're not as heavily used as the capacitors on the output of the dc-dc converter.
              The Rubycon ZL series is a low ESR series, but it's not a "very low" , "ultra low" , super cool capacitors series, it doesn't have to be.
              However, the circuit and the motherboard wouldn't be affected in any way if you do use those super good capacitors and high end capacitor series like Panasonic FM, FR or United Chemi Con KZE or KZ* , or Nichicon HM/HN/HZ/HW would work there.

Basically, you want something low impedance (low esr) but doesn't have to be a series with highest ripple, very low esr
              For example, see page 2 of Rubycon chart :
              You want capacitors in the "low impedance" rectangle, where ZL series is, but you don't necessarily need expensive ZLJ with 10k hours and high ripple , or the expensive ZLG with super low ESR - you wouldn't gain anything on this motherboard with those.

The 1 and 2 capacitors are on the output and there, the ESR (resistance inside the capacitors) matters a lot. The higher the ESR, the harder it is for the dc-dc converter to output a very smooth and precise voltage to the processor. For example, when the processor asks for 1.65v the dc-dc converter could output 1.68v and because of the ESR of capacitors and other reasons, the processor would see only 1.62v.

In order to reduce the ESR of capacitors on the output, the motherboard manufacturer installs capacitors with higher capacitance than what's actually needed, because the more volume (taller capacitors and wider in diameter) the lower the ESR is. However, they can't go too wide in diameter because being round would use too much space and they can't go too high because heatsinks are big and tall capacitors would block
              the cpu cooler.
              So while they could have gone with 1800uF-2200uF capacitors and lower voltage rating (because you don't have more than 2v on the output), they went with 3300uF 6.3v capacitors because those had the lower esr at that maximum height and diameter. And then, to reduce the ESR even further, they put 2 or 3 such capacitors in parallel ... two in parallel will reduce the ESR by half, in theory.

Well, solid capacitors have a much lower ESR due to how they're designed... so for example while 3300uF 6.3v Nichicon HM have an average ESR of 12 mOhm and ~ 3000mA ripple current, a solid polymer capacitor like that 1500uF 6.3v capacitor I linked to will have and ESR of less than 10mOhm and ~ 5600 mA ripple current.
              So basically, we get better ESR with polymer capacitors without having to use very high capacity capacitance and tall capacitors that would block airflow there.

They didn't use solid polymer capacitors back then because they were more expensive, but nowadays the prices have come down a lot.

So go with electrolytic or polymer? I guess it depends on your budget. If it's cheaper to go with Farnell and Nichicon HM, then you can stick with 3300uF 6.3 Nichicon HM for 1 and 2
              Polymer capacitors have longer life than electrolytic capacitors, but even those electrolytic capacitors will make your board last another 5-10 years of 24/7 use.
              I also am not 100% sure if going so low in capacitance (1500uF) would actually be OK. I would be more comfortable with 1800uF or 2200uF 4v or 6.3v rated polymer capacitors there.
              So what i understand is that with caps 3 I have no choice than to go with electrolytic? If so would going with the Rubycon ZLH in place of the ZL be a good option. Or a better question is will a higher lifetime also mean it takes longer before i have to replace them with light use? Or is it like a drivebelt in a car what ever come first? So like if i take 10000 hours caps, it is 10000 hour of use or 10 years after production what ever come first?

Other thing is i see the same specs caps from Panasonic but a little bit pricier than the Rubycon, are the Panasonic's beter?

For the caps 1 and 2 you say a bit high polymer cap would be beter. Would this http://uk.farnell.com/wurth-elektron...ial/dp/2466589 not be beter? They are not well known as i had read in a other thread on the forum. I also found this close to spec http://nl.mouser.com/Passive-Compone...yrlnvdZ1yx4avt

I found this a bit later http://nl.mouser.com/Passive-Compone...z0wqutZ1yx4aw3 option for replacing it with caps 3? And is Nichicon beter than United Chemi-Con? United Chemi-Con are cheaper and have a longer lifetime, but that makes me trust them less :P
              Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-20-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

i use 820@2.5 polys on vrm output.
                https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=76
                no need for anything exotic here.
                the zl on vrm input are still fine.never see those fail.
                the 1000@6.3 replace with https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=46
                the random small ones with panasonic fc
                Last edited by kc8adu; 10-20-2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ok I am getting a bit confused.

I have now different answers for polymers:
                  1. 2000uf
                  2. 1500uf but he feels more comfortable with 1800uf or 2200uf with 4v or 6.3v
                  3. 820uf and 2.5v

You probably all are right, but this do not make it easier for me. Let me ask this: Can it hurt to have a high voltage and capacity caps? My guts say no, but my expertise is not enough to be sure.
                  Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-21-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

no, higher is o.k.

poly's are very new, until pretty recently you couldnt get over 1000uf easily - that's one reason a lot of people used 820uf

Comment

The question is whether the board will even work reliably with polymers, and still I would not go with extremely high capacitace with them. Instead of buying expensive caps, look around for dead boards and take polymers from them. There is plenty of bad boards everywhere as they die with same or even higher rate than they used to, but the polymers are always good.

What exactly is the "pc/pci connector on the mainboard" and why do you need 533MHz FSB anyway?
                      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                        The question is whether the board will even work reliably with polymers, and still I would not go with extremely high capacitace with them. Instead of buying expensive caps, look around for dead boards and take polymers from them. There is plenty of bad boards everywhere as they die with same or even higher rate than they used to, but the polymers are always good.

What exactly is the "pc/pci connector on the mainboard" and why do you need 533MHz FSB anyway?
                        Why could it not work? I don't mind buy new caps, This is not a board that only has to work for a few year. This board has to work for many many years to come, and that is because of your last 2 questions.

PC/PCI is a 5 header connector is mainly made for sound cards. This connector is also known als soundblaster link or short SB-LINK. In the dos era games talk to the sound card in a different way than now. Games need a direct excess to the card and specifically the way that ISA cards work, PCI is not made to do this by default. So you could fix this in 3 ways.

1. Emulation, but drivers needs specific part of the memory (XMS) and not all games can run with that memory. So you will have some games that can't run with sound.

2. DDMA, it work pretty much the same as PC/PCI but not all games like the way it works and you will have crashing games and not working sound and other strange things.

3. PC/PCI, it can communicate exactly the way ISA could but than with a better sound card and use it in a faster mainboard. This should give you the same compatibility with games as a ISA sound card.

About the question, why 533 FSB. That question is easy, it supports faster CPUs than the 400 FSB.

What also makes this board important for me is, it also support ECC memory. This important because, if you running OSes like win95, win98 and even winme you can use every bit of stability to prevent crashing
                        Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-22-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

the main reason large capacitors were used in vrm outputs was their lower esr.
                          not because the capacitance was required.
                          the 820@2.5 is more than adequate all around.
                          and they wont die in the useful life of any board.
                          Originally posted by stj View Post
                          no, higher is o.k.

poly's are very new, until pretty recently you couldnt get over 1000uf easily - that's one reason a lot of people used 820uf

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                            the main reason large capacitors were used in vrm outputs was their lower esr.
                            not because the capacitance was required.
                            the 820@2.5 is more than adequate all around.
                            and they wont die in the useful life of any board.
                            I can understand that. I have read that on other places to. But I read also that still higher caps are better.

So I am a bit in conflict what to buy. Maybe 820@2.5 is adequate but about my earlier question, can it hurt to go say 2000@6.3 in your opinion?

Comment

Well yes, higher capacitance in such places usually does not hurt as you get higher stability with sudden changes in load etc. However, it is good to keep some reasonable margin of difference as each circuit also has only limited tolerance.

That or the willingness to try, and if it is not stable, than do some changes.

2000@6.3 in your opinion?
                              We still talking polymers?

Regarding why it should not work…some boards just don't take polymers well.

Well there are also 865 chipsets with 800MHz support so that's why I kinda don't understand why choosing 533MHz should be better.

Re-using polymers should not bring any troubles, at least if you stick with known quality brands. I think that bad polymers under normal usage have not been seen yet so the life expectancy even of already used ones is still "very long time".
                              Last edited by Behemot; 10-22-2017, 06:14 AM.
                              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Well yes, higher capacitance in such places usually does not hurt as you get higher stability with sudden changes in load etc. However, it is good to keep some reasonable margin of difference as each circuit also has only limited tolerance.

That or the willingness to try, and if it is not stable, than do some changes.

We still talking polymers?
                                Yes, we still talking polymers.

Regarding why it should not work…some boards just don't take polymers well.
                                What can symptoms can I aspect? Does it happen a lot are there specific boards that are known to not handel the polymers?

Well there are also 865 chipsets with 800MHz support so that's why I kinda don't understand why choosing 533MHz should be better.
                                Well I love to, but I have not found any board with a 865 and PC/PCI connectors. If you know one, I love to hear from you.

Re-using polymers should not bring any troubles, at least if you stick with known quality brands. I think that bad polymers under normal usage have not been seen yet so the life expectancy even of already used ones is still "very long time".
                                Sure, but there are not new. So used polymers has lesser lifetime left than new ones and new polymers are not that expansive. Or better, not replacing them earlier has also his value, like less tress on the board.

Comment

one thing to watch is the pitch between the pins,
                                  poly's can be smaller and used ones will have very short legs.

obviously the same apply's to electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreStarTrek View Post
                                    Well I love to, but I have not found any board with a 865 and PC/PCI connectors. If you know one, I love to hear from you.
                                    Finally found what that thing of yours is…it's Creative SB Link.

There are some 865 boards with ISA too. Or 848 if you can live without dual-channel memory.

What about FreeDOS? It should run all games plus support some more modern HW too.

Don't have experience with boards refusing polymers myself, but I expect they could show anything from not POSTing at all to not being stable and so. Maybe some noises could come from the VRM too.
                                    Last edited by Behemot; 10-22-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Finally found what that thing of yours is…it's Creative SB Link.
                                      Well the thing is, none of the creative sound cards have this connector. I think it is called a SB Link because of the many cards that are compatible with the Creative Sound Blaster cards.

There are some 865 boards with ISA too. Or 848 if you can live without dual-channel memory.
                                      Yes but they use a special chip for this ISA. They stil use this kind of chips on boards with the latest sockets.

What about FreeDOS? It should run all games plus support some more modern HW too.
                                      Yea, it is nice if you have no other choice. But I guess that it is not that compatible as the real deal. Also it is not only that why I dont want a more modern board. Win9x has also no drivers for the some what newer boards.

Don't have experience with boards refusing polymers myself, but I expect they could show anything from not POSTing at all to not being stable and so. Maybe some noises could come from the VRM too.
                                      Good to know
                                      Last edited by AndreStarTrek; 10-22-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

freedos is the real deal, dont underestimate it.

i use freedos to replace older dos versions when i upgrade embeded systems

Comment

Working...
                                        X