Infrared reball station info needed...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infrared reball station info needed...?

Hello all, I'm looking into buying a infrared reball station and wanted to get some info. I have an opportunity to buy a nice unit for around $700 but I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of the cheaper ones on ebay like the T-862? If so what are your opinions?

Re: Infrared reball station info needed...?

i have the t-862 and will tell you it works good on little bga chips but does horrible on larger ones it tends to bubble "popcorn" the bigger bga chips every single time no matter what you do i would recommend a better machine it simply can't handle most standard sized bga chips if you plan to use it on tiny chips like cell phones or certain laptops with small bga chips you will be fine but anything larger then a watch forget it...

Comment

Re: Infrared reball station info needed...?

Hi,
      It depends on what you want to use it for. Totally agree with heavymachines' opinion.
      The best choices for the lowest budget is around $970, the honton R-392, but that is hot air. IR machines are more problematic.....but that is not your question.

So, the best choice, if your on a budget, for an IR station is the LY 6500.

http://www.thebgastation.com/index.p...product_id=369

Comment

Working...
      X