Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rework soldering iron station 852D+

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Fast response can be had by filing an eBay dispute, it gets a lot more priority.
    thanks tom i done that same day so shouldnt take long now

Comment

dont know what this is like saw it earlier
      http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/109991-sm...-duratool.html

Comment

Don't kid yourself. I'm betting most companies won't send you review samples because they don't view your reviews as significant enough. Until you have a blog 1/10th the size of Dave's, I doubt much free will come your way.

Otherwise I'd open a blog tomorrow with free samples from Rigol

a) Please do not use your imagination about how a Business Development Engineer makes decisions?

b) Please start your blog, you can use it as defense against Rigol poor tactics, when it comes down to "service on warranty" in Europe.
        There is a German guy with poor humor in the Rigol EU mini-castle.

Comment

so this is there reply same as the other 3 they sent read bellow

'Dear customer , i have received your ebay message before , If shows SE ,pls make sure all parts connected well first , pls insert the iron handle into the machine first Before send out ,all item pass the check to confirm it works well ,but due to the bump in shipping way ,there may other problem caused if everything is connected well, but still shows S-E, pls check something. 1. use the tweezers and put into the input 2 pins at right side, if the display shows normal. that means the machine is working well. but if it still shows S-E, that means the machine is not working well. it has technical problems. 2. use one wire, pls peel off it and connect the both wire into the input pins. if the display shows normal. that means the machine is working well. AND here is the video to help you how to test it. 1. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQwOTQyOTA0.html 2. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQwOTQ1MDcy.html Hope for your suppport to solve it ,thanks'

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Centre. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with a solution that you'd be happy with.

Comment

Well, did you do what he asked? What were the results?

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
              Well, did you do what he asked? What were the results?
              yer i done what video said with wire on 2 pins error went but still waiting for them to send me parts i did fix the hot air part myself it was poor solder joints on the board things is takes them 2 days to reply for each msg and still no parts also should the heater light flash on these ?

Comment

Oh, sounds like you are on your way to resolution.

Id open up the iron and see if everything is in order. I suspect the thermocouple is broken or out of position. I doubt the heater load is monitored.

Comment

Blue and yellow wires look to be the leads of the sensor.

Just a simple continuity test at the soldering iron plug up to PCB, is all that is needed so to make your mind of what is happening.

By un-soldering the sensor wires you may measure the sensor resistance, parts exchange will assist if sensor is broken.

The guy in this video he used even more words and examples than what they are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                    a) Please do not use your imagination about how a Business Development Engineer makes decisions?

b) Please start your blog, you can use it as defense against Rigol poor tactics, when it comes down to "service on warranty" in Europe.
                    There is a German guy with poor humor in the Rigol EU mini-castle.
                    I don't have to imagine anything. I know they won't send out free stuff. Fine, I'll email Fluke. Maybe they'll send me a new 87-V. That'd be nice. I'd be sure to talk about it on badcaps all I like. Might even mention it on eevblog! And for just the low price of a new 87-V. How can they lose?

Yeah... whatever.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I don't have to imagine anything.
                      Tom it's Blogger is a different person, different strategy, different profession, different target group, different training, different concept.

When others are able to see some value in what you offer, they do respond.

Comment

Anyone experience a problem where the air stops randomly unless turned up to the full setting of 8? Then it’ll either cut out again when lowering the speed or it’ll work fine.

Would it be the pump that’s going or dirty potentiometer?

Comment

could be anything - put a lamp across the pump and see how it responds

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            could be anything - put a lamp across the pump and see how it responds
                            I measured ac voltage at the air control and it steadily rises from 38vac on lowest setting to 118vac on highest.

When it cuts out it measures from 28-34vac on any setting except the highest which kicks the pump back on at 118vac

Comment

then it could be the pot, or the chip - i think it uses a 555 timer to drive the triac.

my old air station did.

Comment

I connected a 40w bulb (lowest wattage I had) across the motor terminals and it lights but dimly and doesn’t increase in brightness with increasing air speed knob, only when on full air speed does it get brighter.

So seems like a controller issue. How would I go about figuring out the problem? Weird that sometimes it works. I tried gently tapping on components when it’s acting up hoping maybe a bad solder joint but it had to affect

Comment

Working...
                                X