70" Sharp LED... LC-70C6500U Great Display Upside Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70" Sharp LED... LC-70C6500U Great Display Upside Down

I just got in a Sharp 70" 70C6500U that's just BEGGING to adorn my wall at home..

But it's got a panel problem.. See pics

When it is upside down, the picture is perfect.. But right side up you see the distortion on the lower part of the screen more pronounced on the left side of the screen...

If I gently tweak the screen one way or another it sometimes gets a good display but then when I let it go, the distortion comes back.

I have tried cleaning the LVDS connectors and LVDS cables... No luck..

I seem to recall that on these large panels if you pull the side tabs on the side that's bad, it sometimes fixes it...

It's a hail mary, but I was just wondering if there is another course of action besides this irreversible one of pulling the tabs..
    Attached Files

Re: 70" Sharp LED... LC-70C6500U Great Display Upside Down

I think I got it..

Apparently there is an LVDS/TCON type arrangement on the side of the unit as well..

I disconnected the lower LVDS connector (red) which gave me the distorted part of the panel right aways.

I cleaned the LVDS cable and connector, re-attached it and the panel seems to be distortion free...

Just FYI for anyone else who runs into this issue..
    Attached Files

Comment

You surely centered the target, but maybe that connector suffer from a slight factory problem, it's better to put a shim on it before closing the bezel..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
        You surely centered the target, but maybe that connector suffer from a slight factory problem, it's better to put a shim on it before closing the bezel..
        Precisely. A thin piece of plastic under the latch to make it tighter. It's what I sometimes do on dodgy connectors.

Comment

Awesome suggestions, guys..

Thanx for the assist...

Comment

Working...
          X