Capacitors with Inside-out Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitors with Inside-out Vents

I found some bizarre capacitors on a lamp driver board. When i saw them, i thought they were bulging (despite the board being brand new), but upon closer inspection, i realized that they must of stamped the vents from the inside of the can. I thought it must have been a quality control f--- up but looking at it, i think they must have done it intentionally because both capacitors are that way, despite being different physical sizes. Now all i have to wonder is, why?

Here are some photos i tried to take of their vents, though i might have to retake them with my DSLR as my cellphone camera sucks at close-ups.

For all i know, this might actually be really common and i'm just spewing out like an idiot. :|
    Attached Files
    I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Re: Capacitors with Inside-out Vents

Surely when they cut the wrapper, they cut it too much.
    I have also found capacitors with that aspect.
    Gaming pc:
    nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
    Workshop PC:
    Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
    Server:

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen any with outward vent stamps. Maybe someone in the factory messed up. The whole thing looks pretty cheap and nasty, especially if they cut the sleeve too short as well.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
        I don't think I've ever seen any with outward vent stamps. Maybe someone in the factory messed up. The whole thing looks pretty cheap and nasty, especially if they cut the sleeve too short as well.
        That they do, will try and contact you re the igniter unit.

Comment

Working...
        X