X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS X552MD - motherboard X550MD rev 2.0 problem

Hi,have anyone this dump?thanks in advance

Re: x550md - kbc dump needed

i found this one if someone else need it..
    Attached Files

Comment

ASUS X552MD - motherboard X550MD rev 2.0 problem

Hi everybody,i have problem with this board. Laptop was after liqud spill,returned from waranty service. I carefylly cleaned everything where i saw water marks. First problem was with 3.3V regulator. I replaced it,3.3V running. Second with KBC,replaced and reflashed it,ok,works. Third problem was with bios,reflashed it and now laptop starts but... This board have 8 RAM (4GB) chips soldered on the board and one slot for additional DDR3..Without additional RAM,dont start. If i put some 4G RAM in,in bios i see 8GB,laptop start but for the first picture i wait arround 10s, this is first thing what surprise me..it takes too long.When i connect power for first time,it starts normaly with this 10s delay,boot normal and work.After restart,start again with this 10s delay but after ubuntu initialize graphic card,i have only black screen,caps key is working only display is black. sometimes it spontaneously reset bios settings-time,boot order.. In kernel log i have errors from ME engine but maybe is clean in this bios,i dont know.. I tried also another bios,from X552MJ-is the same motherboard with more features but practicaly the same,the 10s delay was here also.. Any ideas? or maybe functional bios dump to try? I have combination Intel Celeron + nvidia gfx

Comment

Re: ASUS X552MD - motherboard X550MD rev 2.0 problem

is there any part of the board that was not damaged?
        probably there are still a few liquid-damaged ICs which you have to discover.
        to do this discovery, do the following operations separately:
        1- inspect which ICs are dirty on pins or on the under-IC area with more care.
        2- let the black screen happen after loading ubuntu. then check which voltage rail is not present.

Comment

thank you for your response.
          yes some parts was also clean :-)

i will look arround chips better tomorow, at beginnig i found same dirt around one of the RAM chips,i cleaned it with IPA and brush under the chip, the same result, also tried decoupling internal ram chips from system with conf.resistors, bios showed me this time 4GB less but always the same so here is not the problem...
          I meassured "big" voltages on coils and everything is present after black screen

Comment

So,today i inspected the board one more time under microscope, found nothing more..only suspectible thing was the RAM chip so i reballed it and other reflowed-only for sure when the board was preheated, but found nothig under.. Other chips looking ok,i see nothing from outside and the area arround CPU and GPU was clean from beginning..
            I tried another thing- to test if the usb bootable disk was ok and is not corrupted and subsequently also the instalation on HDD, i tried to boot WIN7 instalation usb..it ended with bluescreen and message "BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compilant. Please contact your vendor for an updated BIOS".. Question is now,is this hardware problem or BIOS? Worth it to try another bios or repair this one? I tried many bioses,when it was running,always with this 10s delay on start,maybe is it not error but feature :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fester View Post
              So,today i inspected the board one more time under microscope, found nothing more..only suspectible thing was the RAM chip so i reballed it and other reflowed-only for sure when the board was preheated, but found nothig under.. Other chips looking ok,i see nothing from outside and the area arround CPU and GPU was clean from beginning..
              I tried another thing- to test if the usb bootable disk was ok and is not corrupted and subsequently also the instalation on HDD, i tried to boot WIN7 instalation usb..it ended with bluescreen and message "BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compilant. Please contact your vendor for an updated BIOS".. Question is now,is this hardware problem or BIOS? Worth it to try another bios or repair this one? I tried many bioses,when it was running,always with this 10s delay on start,maybe is it not error but feature :-)
              It's probably a Windows 7 or BIOS issue. But a BIOS bug like that is more like I expect in the classic bad caps motherboard era.
              It is absurd that Windows 7 acts like the BIOS is from the Windows 95 era!
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I made a mistake with BIOS, i found exact type on the label, it is X552MJ-SX053H, not MD (motherboard number is X550MD - dont understand this funny numering) so i downloaded right BIOS dump, flashed externaly and then i flashed new version from manufacturer with bios flashing utility from running bios. But is always the same :-) only thing that it looks like it no more reset the BIOS settings - this must i confirm later, after more reboots. I can try to make installation USB for UEFI instalation, this USB was for MBR instalation i think.

Comment

I installed win10,look ok for now,one thing i found more, if speedfan utility check all connected sensors,i have error from sensors on the SMBus,maybe is problem here..i will check all traces and components on this lines later,after installing all updates and drivers..

edit:one line is conected to the processor,right in the edge where the edge bonding glue is applied ,maybe is there some hidden oxidation..
                  Last edited by fester; 10-22-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

10s delay in first boot screen is intel me region problem. Just clean me your existing bios dump and things will be fine. If you dont know how to do this, then post your old bios here. I'll help you with clean me bios.

Comment

i am not at home right now, can post it here on friday..if you can help me with this clean,will be really glad..

Comment

Originally posted by fester View Post
                        i am not at home right now, can post it here on friday..if you can help me with this clean,will be really glad..
                        for that you need to post your old dump here.

Comment

Hi friend,here is my dump
                          Attached Files

Comment

Your file is giving eroor if i try to replace me-region through intel flash tools, so i have replaced me through hex editor.
                            Try and post about results
                            Attached Files

Comment

your repaired dump is not working-is working but the delay is there..thank you for your help..i will try to repair original dump from chip with uefi tool as next thing..
                              Last edited by fester; 10-28-2017, 05:57 AM.

Comment

this time it worked,i replaced BIOS region in BIOS dump and computer is running without this 10s delay..i must make more tests because of possible problems with reseting bios but it look promising this time..thanks everyone for help

Comment

test this bios
                                  Attached Files

Comment

x550md rev 2.0

can someone please post known working bios dump for x550md rev 2.0?
                                    thank you

Comment

Re: x550md rev 2.0

try
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by qayyum786; 01-12-2021, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Re: x550md rev 2.0

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                        X