Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic plasma main board compatible

Hello everybody

My panasonic plasma tc-p50c2 main board has number TNPH0831 3A is bad.
    My friend has good panasonic tv tc-p42c2 main board has same number TNPH0831 3A . MY question Can I swap these main board.
    Thanks
    Last edited by hienton2; 10-19-2017, 02:43 PM.

Re: Panasonic plasma main board compatible

I would imagine if they look identical with same plugs and pinouts it would probably work if not the firmware would need to be swapped might want to wait for a 2nd opinion from others who are far more knowledgeable.

Comment

If they are both C2 models the boards should have the same features. o yes you could, then just get the respective manuals and compare the part numbers alloctaed to the EEPROMS , SPI , flash chips etc. The ones that re different either physically swap or get an EEPROM programmer and copy/save data for each then write over the new boards chip with your data.

If you did this for all except the large flash chip which you won't have to touch, all settings, history , run hrs would transfer too.

I've done a few conversions now, fun way to fix when you can't get the exact original board.

Comment

I think I tried this exact swap once and the boards turned out to be different. They had different plugs that wouldn't allow the swap. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
          I think I tried this exact swap once and the boards turned out to be different. They had different plugs that wouldn't allow the swap. I could be wrong though.
          That should not be the case for this one, sounds like maybe an attempt with an S model for a C. Same board PCB but FHD to HD so none of the ribbon connections would be the same for sure.

all you blokes need to do is jump on SJ and search the PCB number and do a comparison, then get the manuals, identify the eeprom versions / variations, adjust accordingly

Comment

Thank you TW2005 and Johnboy1313. I better wait for somebody sell same main board
            same model onsale to buy for good price.

I need main board for model TC-P50c2 anybody has please contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by hienton2 View Post
              Thank you TW2005 and Johnboy1313. I better wait for somebody sell same main board
              same model onsale to buy for good price.

I need main board for model TC-P50c2 anybody has please contact me.
              Or get PTS to refurb it

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/txna1lfuus/

Comment

Working...
              X