Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP Photosmart C4795- Gray is green, Magenta is pink, and red is orange!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Photosmart C4795- Gray is green, Magenta is pink, and red is orange!

Sorry is this is the wrong section, but it's the best place I could find.

Hello. I have an HP Photosmart C4700(yes, I know it's more or less a piece of garbage, but it's the only color printer I have). It was used for ~3200 pages then put in climate-controlled storage for a few years. A month ago, I pull it out of storage and the ink is dry. Today, I get some ink, install it, and run off a test page(or a few.) One thing I'm consistently getting is that grays are greens, Magenta is pink, and red is orange!

I'm using the HPLIP drivers on Xubuntu 16.04 LTS. The printer is connected over a USB connection to the computer through a KVM switch.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. This is driving me bonkers.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Re: HP Photosmart C4795- Gray is green, Magenta is pink, and red is orange!

Can you do a nozzle check ?
    The only times I see the wrong colours is when the printhead is blocked but I believe they are on the HP cartridges rather than separate.

Comment

Re: HP Photosmart C4795- Gray is green, Magenta is pink, and red is orange!

UPDATE: Fixed it! Printhead needed a good cleaning.
      Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
      RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
      Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
      - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
      - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
      - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
      - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X