Bios data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bios data?

I am new in trying to repair computers, laptops...but i wonted to talk about what is storred in bios? I found out that when i make bios upgrade from the manufacturer page that sometimes installing or upgrading is not enough? Why? I believe that some things are storred on bios regardless bios update and so on...for example, i had one asus sabertooth x79 motherboard that was in the start-up loop, restarts and so on...no metter how many times i tried to update bios through usb bios port i was successfull, but i didnt fix the problem..then i removed the bios chip and reprogramm it used some bios dump i found on the internet...and yes it was working fine. I have also few other examples...
    So, i believe that bios versions from manufacturer pages are not the whole info/data storred on the bios chip...do you agree? Or i understood something wrong?

Re: Bios data?

Yes, generally the BIOS you find on a motherboard manufacturer's website will just be updates, part of the contents maybe new features but usually bug fixes and new CPUs. A dump as you found is the whole content.

Comment

Working...
    X