Inspiron One 2330, power on/off continuously - BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiron One 2330, power on/off continuously - BIOS

tought it was the power supply, ordered one, but still doing the same.

I could use the schematics or bios dump for both chips.

Re: Inspiron One 2330, power on/off continuously

Just delt with one like that. Was the bios. I used a volt meter to figure out the header under the chips and used a cheep programmer off of ebay. The system would power on and display nothing or would get into a power cycling fest. After updateing the bios it beeped an error, i held the power button down till it turned off and next turn on it worked.
    The bios was found on "a Russian site" according to co-worker but couldnt retrace. I have included pictures of the pin out and the programmer connected.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi
      Before anything start with the easies like the DCjack connector ...so plug in adapter start it up and once it boots and you see the desktop wingle dcjack plug awhile it's in see if it turns off if yes replace dcjack if good ... nexted i would ask you go in the setup and leave it on see if it turns off ..If good see if battery holds a charge if yes remove it awhile you wingle dcjack i don't wont that left in during that dcjack test start dare before bios. I will tell you how to tell if it's the bios '
      Techman1025

Comment

Originally posted by IDislikemakingLogins View Post
        Just delt with one like that. Was the bios. I used a volt meter to figure out the header under the chips and used a cheep programmer off of ebay. The system would power on and display nothing or would get into a power cycling fest. After updateing the bios it beeped an error, i held the power button down till it turned off and next turn on it worked.
        The bios was found on "a Russian site" according to co-worker but couldnt retrace. I have included pictures of the pin out and the programmer connected.

YOU SIR, ARE A LIFESAVER... PROGRAMMED BIOS AND NOW ITS BEEPING...i LITERALLY REMOVED AND TESTED EVERY POWER TRANSISTOR AND CAPS WITH NO LUCK...EVEN THO ITS ONLY BEEPING..THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN PINPOINTED THANKS TO YOU!..I EVEN ORDER A POWER SUPPLY WHICH I HAD TO RETURN.
        Last edited by Blacktek; 08-31-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

what is the beeping error code?
          the problem may be a missing voltage.

Comment

it was 4 beeps, but i tried several memories until i found one that makes it TURN ON and STAYS on, NO BEEPS but no video either, it just stays on.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              what is the beeping error code?
              the problem may be a missing voltage.
              it was 4 beeps, but i tried several memories until i found one that makes it TURN ON and STAYS on, NO BEEPS but no video either, it just stays on.

Comment

theres another MXIC MX bios looking chip right next to the winbond, should i program that one as well. if so which file should i use?

Comment

are all voltages present on coils when the laptop is turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
                    are all voltages present on coils when the laptop is turned on?
                    yep im getting voltages throughout the board, i check the memory slots, and its getting 1.5v on some caps

Comment

Both the chips seam to have bios stuff on them. On the one i worked on there where 2 chips 25Q16 2mb, 25Q64 8mb. in my case only needed to update one as the other already had matching code on it. If the size of the MXIC MX chip matches the 2 or 8 in size would back it up and flash it whith the same sized file.

May be worth trying to reseat the cpu. Or trying another cpu if easy enough.

Comment

Both the chips seam to have bios stuff on them. On the one i worked on there where 2 chips 25Q16 2mb, 25Q64 8mb. in my case only needed to update one as the other already had matching code on it. If the size of the MXIC MX chip matches the 2 or 8 in size would back it up and flash it whith the same sized file.

May be worth trying to reseat the cpu. Or trying another cpu if easy enough.
                        So i should flash both chips with the bios dump.

Comment

it looks like there is a 3rd bios chip on a separate video board OP-AV rev:0.0, video board has cables from the monitor and from this board to the motherboard.
                          the chip on this small video board is a winbond 25q16.
                          Anyone has the dump for that chip???
                          Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
                            it looks like there is a 3rd bios chip on a separate video board OP-AV rev:0.0, video board has cables from the monitor and from this board to the motherboard.
                            Please.

Hello, i'm sure its too late, but this time i have the same problem and to help another friend in the forum, now i do new and good and test dump for the Av board DELL AIO 2330, chip 25Q16
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
                              Please.
                              the bigger bios ic is the MAIN bios. bios ic near winbond ic EC bios. bios on graphic card is VBIOS/video bios/

u must flash man and ec bios and if no video than vbios

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem bro. Even after bios flash still turn on/off.

Comment

Re: Inspiron One 2330, power on/off continuously - BIOS

dell inspiron one 2330 ipimb-dp need bios

Comment

thanks a lot, wor forme

Comment

Hi. Same problem here - POST does not apears.
                                      BUT THE SECOND CHIP IS 25L1606E . Does enyone got a mem dump from it?

Comment

help me
                                        dell inspiron one 2330 aio turn on but no display on the screen. only the selection menu (hdmi vga computer composite) appear and do a scan.
                                        I flashed the 03 bios (main+ec+vga board) downloaded on badcaps but no change
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X