LG 79UB9800 heat problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 79UB9800 heat problem

your electricity supply needs checking . i think live potential is on the ground wire ..had this happen here a while back .
    might not be that but best check it ..
    ignore all that if tv doesn't have an earth connection .

Comment

But how a tv can store elec. charge on the chassis without any connection? To Sushi: is there any Radio / TV station / cellular antenna in your area?
      Last edited by Davi.p; 10-21-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

there’s a cellular antenna nearby, but I think the TV just needs better grounding, since there are no grounding plans in the building’s electricity layout.
        Last edited by sushi1; 10-21-2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

If Egypt has 440V service, (2 220V legs) then it will mean that a 220V line requires a neutral to avoid imbalance, which can cause a surge to come to the Tv,when on a leg that's not under heavy load, while the other leg is under heavy load by an appliance that's using a lot more watts than the Tv...

(Such as the Tv on one leg, and a range or an air conditioner on the other leg!)
          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-22-2017, 09:19 PM.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
          X