Zenith Z50P3 no picture, no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenith Z50P3 no picture, no sound

I have 7 year old Zenith plasma TV that stopped working a couple days ago. Here is how it's behaving:

The TV will turn on via both the onset power button and the remote. The power indicator light will change from red to flashing green for about 10 seconds then stay solid green. (I don't recall the light blinking like that previously but I never really paid that much attention to either.) When turned on there is the normal "click" which sounds like a relay closing. The screen will have a light glow but absolutely no image. Also there is no sound although I've never used the built-in speakers but rather use my surround sound system. I've tried increasing the volume and changing inputs but nothing changes. The power indicator flashes at each time a button is pressed on the remote. The TV will shut off via both the onset button and the remote. There is a 5-7 second delay after pressing the button before another relay like click is heard and the screen goes completely dark and the power light turns red. One other thing I just thought of, I noticed that the fan is not on. That might be normal though if it activated by a thermal switch.

I was hoping it was just a bad capacitor but after opening it up I couldn't find any that looked obviously bad. After reading a few other posts I did some voltage checking...I got Vs readings of 196V and Va readings of 60V which I believe are good. All the fuses I found (4 "normal" fuses and 3-4 "micro" fuses that are hard to see) were good with ~1 ohm resistance.

This is probably obvious to you experts but I noticed that this Zenith tv has LG components inside.

Any help in identifying the source of the problem would be appreciated.

Chris
    Attached Files

Re: Zenith Z50P3 no picture, no sound

Bump

Comment

Re: Zenith Z50P3 no picture, no sound

Dear Bearcat: I too have a Zenith Z50p3 and it too all of a sudden not picture not sound, so far I have replaced the V sustain and the both V buffer board, still no sound, however after reading some stuff, it appear I need to change the Z sustain. to at least see the picture better as this has to do with its brightness, However I have yet to look into the audio issue. Yes the power comes on and stays on and it shuts off and turns on when you use the remote. Have you at this time come across you audio issue? And as you I did not find anything wrong with the VS or VA or the 5 volt supplies, and it appears that all of the fuses are intact. Plus I did not find anything wrong with the V scan voltage which is measured from its Floating Ground reference.
      Last edited by jamez46; 10-20-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X