dell vostro 3559 la-d071p does not turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell vostro 3559 la-d071p does not turn on

hello everyone, as soon as I plug in the power supply the power led turns on and turns off after 2 seconds, fan stopped, how do you check the power sequence
    thank you

Re: dell vostro 3559 la-d071p does not turn on

Try disconnecting the AC adapter & battery. Remove RAM & CPU put back it again,Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect power and try starting the Mob again.

Comment

CPU onboard this model i think 7thgen

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
        Try disconnecting the AC adapter & battery. Remove RAM & CPU put back it again,Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect power and try starting the Mob again.
        the CPU is welded not removable, I will do this test

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
          CPU onboard this model i think 7thgen
          is an i5 of the sixth generation

Comment

after doing this test now when I connect the power, the power led turns on and at the same time the fan all for 2 seconds then everything turns off, and if I press the on button nothing comes on

Comment

Originally posted by poweron View Post
              after doing this test now when I connect the power, the power led turns on and at the same time the fan all for 2 seconds then everything turns off, and if I press the on button nothing comes on
              ok test you BIOS battery for +3.3V, test the power button for +3.3V
              +3VS is enabled by SLP_S3# so check if SLP_S3# is present? and check if +5VS is present as well they if the fan is spinning you should get SLP_S3#, if your MOB AAL15-la-d071p i have uplode the Schematic check out page 37 G6101 is your power button , page 22 is Bios battrey +RTC CELL , for SLP_S3# pin 70 SIO page 29
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Techtiger; 05-29-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

SLP_S3 # is present for 2 sec as the + 3VS and + 5VS, the power button is ok and battery bios is ok 2.98v, if power button is pressed the + 3VS and the + 5VS is present for 2 sec

Comment

now check SIO pin 126 RTC VCC 122 VBAT and page 11 of schematic
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Techtiger; 05-30-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

pin 122 VBAT = 3.1v pin 126 RTC VCC = 3.1v the voltages with the question mark I can't measure them, where can I take them?
                    Attached Files

Comment

+ RTC_CELL = 3.1v

Comment

the battery charges regularly

Comment

now test pin 67 of SIO SLP S4, if the Voltage is not stable remove the RZ1701 and see , have you flashed BIOS in past ?
                          Last edited by Techtiger; 05-31-2019, 01:57 AM.

Comment

meanwhile, thanks for the patience you have, on pin 67 SIO SLP S4 I measure 3.2v only for 2 sec when I connect power then back to 0v, and if I press the power button it goes back to 3.2v for 2 sec. I reprogrammed the bios many times because I couldn't find the right one, now I think it's the right one because it behaves as it did at the beginning

Comment

Well can you test all the Coil resistance to GND , PL1102/3 is your VGA supply remove one Leg each coil and see for any changes, as soon you power the mob try to find out which coil is not outputting power, page 55 is your power sequence follow it up

Comment

these coils are not present, this card does not have a graphics chip, it is integrated in the cpu

Comment

test all the Coil resistance to GND

Comment

I measure as I am or have to lift a terminal

Comment

Originally posted by poweron View Post
                                      I measure as I am or have to lift a terminal
                                      Without Lifting the coils , as soon you power the mob try to find out which coil is not outputting power
                                      Last edited by Techtiger; 06-01-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

PL605 (VCC_GT) and PL603 (VCC_CORE) = 0v
                                        PL601 (VCC_SA) = 1.0v only for 1 sec, pressing power buton is present for 1 sec
                                        PL301 (+ 1VALWP) = 1.0v only for 1 sec, pressing power buton is present for 1 sec
                                        PL200 (+ 1.35VP) = 1.35v only for 1 sec, pressing power buton is present for 1 sec
                                        PL100 (+ 3VALWP) = 3.3v always present
                                        PL101 (+ 5VALWP) = 5.0v always present
                                        PL700 (+ 17.4V_BATT) = 17.4v battery charging voltage always present

Comment

Working...
                                        X