hi identify a transistor marked SK A1667 48 Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi identify a transistor marked SK A1667 48 Y

SK A1667 48 Y - is the part number on the transistor I want to replace.
    I want to know if this part number is an obsolete part number and if all kinds of A1667 transistors will have the same ratings so I can replace it.
    The transistor is on Wharfedale 100W Subwoofer 10+ that is making crackling noises through the speaker when it is plugged into the power and turned on.
    I see on Ebay there is different labels on transistors that includes the figures A1667, so wondering if the specifications will all be the same, like this one
    2SA1667 - Transistor PNP 150V 2A TJA1667
    Most of the 2SA1667's are all rated 25W too so want to find out the proper specifications for the original SK A1667 48 Y part.
    It does seem the numbers after the 7 are not specific to the specifications but I want to check.
    Want I want to know is can I replace the part SK A1667 48 Y with a 2SA1667.
    Erm, I just found this on AliExpress so I may haven saved already.... Free Shipping 2SA1667 Original Pulled Sanken PNP Transistor A1667 < I think this may have answered my questions.
    Last edited by nickBcap; 11-26-2015, 12:15 AM.

Re: hi identify a transistor marked SK A1667 48 Y

The part is a Sanken part (datasheet shows it is a TO-220 package - post a picture if unsure), and Digi-Key is one of the companies who has this device on hand.
    Be sure to check for other faults which could cause the replacement to fail.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

The "SK" marking suggests Sanken:

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...fd657c88c1.pdf

Comment

I found in the advertisement in AliExpress this transistor is a NPN transistor and the other similar size transistors are all PNP transistors and so the odd NPN transistor is not faulty and is supposed to read like it does, the opposite to all the other transistors.
        There has to be another kind of problem.
        I removed the largest capacitor and it tests ok.
        Not sure where to go from here because my experience is limited to these two kinds of components.

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
          Thanks for the pdf and I found it earlier and it confirms the identity of the transistor.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
            The part is a Sanken part (datasheet shows it is a TO-220 package - post a picture if unsure), and Digi-Key is one of the companies who has this device on hand.
            Be sure to check for other faults which could cause the replacement to fail.
            Ok, and this ID you posted confirms the listings in Ebay and so on for a later part number than A1667 to something like SR A1667.
            thanks

Comment

You can check first if there is also complementary type present in the same circuit, it might be better to change both. You can choose between 2SA1667/2SC4381 (150volts) or 2SA1668/2SC4382 (200volts) pairs, although both seem to be easily available (and often sold in pairs).

As I know '48' is lot number, Y has to do with hfe => choose ones with 'Y', Sanken only (not those funny named alternatives)

(It might be, that the 'Y' is only option available.)

If you are more interested in Sanken's audio transistors, see here:

http://www.semicon.sanken-ele.co.jp/...ct/list/Audio/
              Last edited by euromatlox; 11-26-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
                I removed all the larger transistors and now removed and tested all the smaller transistors on the board and they all the transistors tested ok.
                The cylindrical components with the silver(neg) band on the ends test ok too.
                I started another post about a piece of the copper circuit board lifting off from beneath a transistor pin while I was resoldering the transistor onto the board.
                This may be the reason the subwoofer was making the odd sound. But I am not sure and want to repair the copper circuit now.
                And why does my spell checker tell me the word 'resoldering" is incorrect?

Comment

Working...
                X