X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA55JU7500

Hello,
    I have a Samsung UA55JU7500 Curved LED TV
    a Customer brought it to me complaining that he had Vertical lines going through the screen it will not show a image and has no sound or response from the remote control or the onboard controls
    When you first turn it on it flashes up a full display of lines then dims out the lines then 2 seconds latter they come back and remain on for 3 minuets then the panel shuts off to a black screen
    I have since done some investigations and discovered the following
    He put the wrong size screws into the stand and the screws penetrated into the Tcon board on the edges causing circuit board damage to the Circuit board I don't Know if he has damaged the LCD
    He told me he opened the tv and removed the damaged tcon board and replaced it with one he purchased from EBAY ,
    I have had a close look at the Board and made sure the Ribbon cable are connected correctly and the Power supply voltages are present to the Tcon board
    I am getting the supply line to the tcon 13v at the SMD fuse on the board
    I am all so getting it at pin 1 on the Ribbon connector at the FCC boards

I am not sure if he has damaged the LCD or the fault is due to a firmware missing or mismatch on the Tcon board to the Mainboard

Your help is appreciated in pointing me to finding the problem
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UA55JU7500

As a rule of thumbs, when ever a customer does something, the first step is to undo it and then proceed with a diagnostic.
    put the original T-con board back in and see start from there.

Also you said after 3 minutes the screen shuts off? did you mean to say the TV or when you say the screen you actually mean just the screen? Can you clairify that your backlight stays on after the screen shuts off. Was that a typo?

Comment

Thanks for the Response
      The tv power shuts off after 3mininto Standby NO POWER NO BACKLIGHT and you need to hit the power button to power on again SO the standby Circuit is Working ok
      I have checked the listed supply lines as per the main board and they are all present
      the Tcon board that was Originally in the tv is Damaged the screw has torn through the copper tracking
      I don't think it would be safe to turn on with it in there in case it blows something as it is on the pin 1 15v supply line of the TCON Board
      at the bottom left ribbon cable connector of the TCON board

Comment

If both tcons have a white sticker, see if the numbers match up.

Comment

Working...
        X