Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MacBook A1278 shuting down on every posibile loading bar with apple...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MacBook A1278 shuting down on every posibile loading bar with apple...

I have a macbook which one shuting down on every posibile loading bar…I dont have an original hard drive, so i have put in another, new, but when i try to install from usb OSX 10.11, its shuts down on 20% of first bar loading bar, not instalation, first bar with apple, with settings of instalation...
    I have tried to boot from DVD OSX 10.5, same thing, shuts down on about 20%…Sometimes bar with apple wont open, just shutdown before loading bar...
    I have made another boot stick, same thing…
    With hard drive or without hard drive, same thing…
    I have reseted smc, same thing…
    Changed ram, same….
    I have disconected everything from MB, even keyboard (i am shorted SMC_ONOFF_L with ground to turn on) and…….Bloody same thing….
    Because my hard drive is empty, i dont have MacOS Utilities and also can't turn on Apple Hardware Test ( i dont know why), so i made hakintosch from my laptop to make AHT on usb stick but everything is ok…A long test is 100% ok...
    In other words, everything what shows progres bar with apple, shuts down macbook...

I dont have idea what else to do…

Please, every help is welcome….

Re: My MacBook A1278 shuting down on every posibile loading bar with apple...

EDIT: Nonsense. It is a 13" MBP. Problem is something else.
    Last edited by KvnTM; 11-25-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Check CPU heatsink and TIM!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMax View Post
        I have a macbook which one shuting down on every posibile loading bar…I dont have an original hard drive, so i have put in another, new, but when i try to install from usb OSX 10.11, its shuts down on 20% of first bar loading bar, not instalation, first bar with apple, with settings of instalation...
        I have tried to boot from DVD OSX 10.5, same thing, shuts down on about 20%…Sometimes bar with apple wont open, just shutdown before loading bar...
        I have made another boot stick, same thing…
        With hard drive or without hard drive, same thing…
        I have reseted smc, same thing…
        Changed ram, same….
        I have disconected everything from MB, even keyboard (i am shorted SMC_ONOFF_L with ground to turn on) and…….Bloody same thing….
        Because my hard drive is empty, i dont have MacOS Utilities and also can't turn on Apple Hardware Test ( i dont know why), so i made hakintosch from my laptop to make AHT on usb stick but everything is ok…A long test is 100% ok...
        In other words, everything what shows progres bar with apple, shuts down macbook...

I dont have idea what else to do…

Please, every help is welcome….
        check sata cable, maybe it's broken. happens so often on these models. try to install mac os on an usb hard drive... or maybe it's kernel panicking because of a bad tantal cap for cpu vcore
        Last edited by rediii; 11-25-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I dont think that is a cooling problem, because it can work whole day on boot screen, nothing changes...
          Also for hdd cable, because i testing it without hard drive so its shutting down on the first gray loading sreen...
          I cant get to other screen (from second picture) so i think its a good idea with cpu vcore capacitor, like with laptop,(i always forgeting that the macbook is basicaly same thing as laptop, but i see it like some strange device, because i dont understand it yet)...When doing same basic stuff, voltage is ok, but when loading some heavy stuff, cpu goes 100% and then like you said, panik and off....
          I will test it on first free time...
          Thanks a lot for everyone, i will try and tell the results...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMax View Post
            but when loading some heavy stuff, cpu goes 100% and then like you said, panik and off....
            For other laptops, a shutdown means core temps too high. (or FET temp being too high) And CPU at 100 percent, might mean throttling because of critical CPU core temp.

OTOH, a panic is more likely to be bad caps or of course, a bad connection.
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-26-2019, 09:50 AM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Is the MacBook really slow and the fan running on max?
              Probably some sensor failure and MacBooks do all sorts of wonderful things if something is not right.

Can you see the panic screen? Usually there's some debug information on a kernel panic in the top left. Also try booting it in verbose mode so you can see where it fails. Make a video of it on your phone to be able to read it.

Comment

There are 5 different A1278 models. Tell which one yours is.
                Also make sure you tried with another Magsafe 60W and another battery.
                You can also try to run ASD, AHT doesn't tell much.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Ok my friends, i have solved the problem....
                  I have mixed up ASD and AHT (i am new on apple based devices), so i have made first hackintosch from my (windows based) laptop and after that downloaded Apple Service Diagnostics and made a bootable usb, which one is booted perfectly...
                  First i have set up date, but suddenly jumped a window with shutdown options...?!
                  Ok...I thought that i have maybe presed accidentally a button, so i have closed it...
                  But the window have jumped again after few seconds...Ok, i have let it and after cca 5 seconds its shuted down...So i have tried once more, same problem...
                  "But it can't be the keyboard, i have already tested without it"...I have nothing to lose, so i have disconected it from the motherboard, and voila, tested and everything was perfect....!
                  So i have in hurry booted OS from usb.....Working without problems...
                  I think that the problem was the keyboard, obviously, and the date, together...
                  Because i have tested without the keyboard, that was the first thing i have tested, but i have not any posibility to change the date, because i need to boot in some software piece to change that....
                  Soo thank you guys alooot...
                  I will give the best from me to help someone other on ths forum, an to be overall more active...
                  Thanks again to everyone...

Comment

Mod edit: very bad advice
                    Last edited by piernov; 12-06-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X