X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBP A1425 With butchered EFI!

Hello guys, i need your Help!

Got a A1425 i7 MBP here for myself!

At first it chimed every 1 Second. it was liquid damaged, some BADCaps replace in SMC area.

Bought me a TL866ii plus and saved the original Efi.

I decided to take out from this forum a clean a1425 Efi from a another post, it worked but with only full FAN Blast! so searched a another Forum, the gave me a another EFI and that works Great.... NOT!

Maybe i am to stupid, but this never happend to me before!

The MacCock POO Boots, load OS from internet Recovery and the OS can ONLY be Updated to SIERRA. If i want to change to HIGH SIERRA/MOJAVE it says to me a greayed out SSD and it tells me : MISSING FIRMWAREPARTITION!

I have only a externel ssd drive from crucial. I think there is something messed up with this EFI.

ASD OS tells me also a corrupt SN. i edited the serial with a kextreader and the macbook shows it in OS.

Best regards, thank you for your time
    Attached Files

Re: MBP A1425 With butchered EFI!

You need an Apple internal SSD. You can't upgrade to High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina without it, since the OS update comes with an EFI update that needs to be done with an internal Apple SSD.
    Otherwise you need to find an EFI dump that was already upgraded, but good A1425 dumps are already hard to find…

For the serial number you need to fix the Fsys checksum.
    Also make sure you cleaned ME region properly.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      You need an Apple internal SSD. You can't upgrade to High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina without it, since the OS update comes with an EFI update that needs to be done with an internal Apple SSD.
      Otherwise you need to find an EFI dump that was already upgraded, but good A1425 dumps are already hard to find…

For the serial number you need to fix the Fsys checksum.
      Also make sure you cleaned ME region properly.

Thank you Piernov! That is great to know! so i need a genuine SSD -.-

I already watched your videos to clean ME region and i cant figure it out....

I am to stupid to this Software Tralala... i think maybe i figuered out that i need flash image tool 7.1.20.1119 and maybe me region from intel me firmware v8.1.70.1590

Comment

Help... PLZ.. someone

Comment

Originally posted by crazeej View Post

The MacCock POO
          LOL

Have you tried reseating the RAM? I dunno if these had built-in solid-state drives or not...
          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-24-2019, 09:23 AM.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
            LOL

Have you tried reseating the RAM? I dunno if these had built-in solid-state drives or not...
            SSD is under the trackpad.

Nevermind, topic can be closed. My isl just went boom one day later after plugin the battery. Not sure what happened there, but the connector from the board was set properly. Now I have some retina spare parts.

Unfixable after the isl welded himself to the board. There is also a short in the board right now.

Comment

Working...
            X