X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Dear Forum,
    I am Harald and I have been repairing Apple since the days of the Apple II.
    Now I am learning all about motherboard repairs in the MacBooks. I just replace a bad cap in an A1342 white unibody Macbook. It made the initial problem go away, but clearly it wasn't the only problem with that Mac.
    I also run the Apple serial number analyzing thing on chipmunk.nl. That enables you to figure out from the serial number what flavour of mac (or iphone etc) you have. All things Apple looking the same on the outside that could make life a bit easier.
    cheers / Harald

Comment

Hi, Guys.

I am trying to dig up some info on my panasonic plasma. Just introducing myself

Chris from Georgia, USA Mechanical Engineer that knows just enough about electronics to get shocked.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Comment

Hello members,

Patrick from Canada, Software developer, started long time ago with "computers" and some alike machines.

Thanks for all the help I will get from you all.

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals
          Just thought I should give you all a shout from the other side of the pond "HELLOOO" my interests are 70s 80s audio and tv my pride and joy is a Italian Sinudyne 1220 B/W tv from the Seventies. My weakness is most things Bang & Olufsen I needn't remind you all that everything they do is exceptional on both quality and reliability and exceptional service!!!! Who am I kidding only my self. Most of my equipment is second or third hand courtesy of EBay and some private sales.

Comment

Re: Oh...what the hey.....

Hello,
            My name is Darrell and I have been a computer service tech for over 40 years. Worked on everything from teletypes to mainframes and everything in between. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Comment

Hello, I'm trying to get info for my Sharp 70 inch that was struck by lightning this weekend and explore your car audio area also.

Tim

Comment

Software background (now systems engineer) with a broken LCD TV. Already bought a new one so now its something to play with.

Comment

Hi everybody, first of all I would to thank all at Badcaps Forums for all the knowledge and help you make available to anyone. I am near 60, expert in Stained Glass Art, Automobile Restorer, currently learning to restore and upgrade old computers with new OS, and this time trying to resuscitate and old Philips 42FD9954/17s dinosaur, I am sure is gonna be fun to be around.

Comment

Hi, my name is Muhammad and a little about me, is I am constantly tinkering with stuff for better or worse trying to figure out how its made, why it won't work faster, and how to get more of them cheaper (because I am on a budget), I also trying to put myself out to my family trying to fix all of their broke or old and worn down belongings. Stuff gets shinier and prettier, but it doesn't get any cheaper at a rate that's convenient for me, so I tend to try to make my stuff last as long as possible.

I haven't had much experience with capacitors and looking back on it now, when I was a kid and I broke all of the toys my parents gave me, I remember PCB and how simple they were and I should have been able to fix them so much easier than the intricate huge single chip monstrosities they are now.

I was a kid of the 90s, but got lucky and had a few 486s and maybe one 386, or I learned on one in school, but really got into computers around the Intel II and III and mmx phase, and really focused on software and hardware (installation and troubleshooting).

Now I'm learning about IC because even though all of the stuff I do at my job is being contracted out for repairs I have to know what the FSRs are doing for paperwork so its just a never ending circle almost for me.

Really I found a almost working TV on the side of the road and thought it would be awesome to fix, come to find out even though its 6 years older than my laptop its loads more advanced, and I am having a ball figuring out all of its ins and outs

Comment

Hi im jamie aka shinobi
                      I love playing video games old school and new fixing things for friends and for my self i have charged any one for this,

Comment

Hello, I'm Chris, from Eastern Canada, I've been following this site for about 6 years now, and have successfully recapped multiple motherboards, lcd power supplies, and video cards thanks to you guys on this site.

Comment

Hi all. Name's Valerie. I come here because of a broken Vizio pos tv that I got for free. It worked at the time. Tech-wise, I'm a software girl- Linux and GIS. Hardware-wise, well, I've opened things. I look forward to lurking and learning. Thank you!

Comment

Hi!
                            I'm Gabe from Hungary. I'm newbie in electrics but in the future i would like to be more self confident is this area. I hate studying but love to know...so i like to get new knowledge.
                            Sorry for my english i have not use it for a while.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Hi

im mark form uk looking for help on fixing my surround system

Comment

Hello Folks,

I'm Aurelien, a french guy living in Mexico for over than 10 years now. Master in Engineering background which I do not use, I like to learn and repair stuff. I like even better to repair stuff I never repaired before understanding the intricates of systems. That's what brought me here. a failing LCF TV SPS which is apparently not due to bad caps (i'm surprised).

Anyway, I've been wandering through this forum for less than a week now but man, the quantity of expertise and valuable information is astounding.

Have a nice day all.

Comment

Hello everyone, yet another new guy with a pile of non working monitors.
                                  I'm an old English bloke living in sunny Wiltshire and will hope to be boring the lives out of you all with my tedious problems....lcd monitor problems that is.
                                  Duncan.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to this board. Live is the US. Been building/fixing PC's for about 18 years. Hope to get some good info/help from this forum and maybe help someone else out along the way, thanks!

Comment

Hello guys,
                                      I'm Ree and I'm glad to be a member here.

Thanks...

Comment

Hi,

I'm Samuel. Found this site site while looking for some bios info. Computers are my hobby and i know i can learn more here..

Comment

Hello everyone! I registered to search for news on CTV and on PC

Comment

Working...
                                          X