Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the input of an LCD be tested with multimeter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the input of an LCD be tested with multimeter?

I have a tablet the LCD of which shows no picture but its backlight works. I see picture when I connect the tablet to an external display using HDMI*. I don't have access to a replacement LCD. I'd like to test the video output of the motherboard to see if any picture is sent to the LCD in the first place. Can this be done with a multimeter? In there a guide/tutorial explaining it?

Tablet model: Lenovo Ideapad Miix 310
    LCD part number: KD101N52-40NI-B2

* I see Windows 10 boots, but I receive an error message saying that some system folder is missing, and its Windows isn't really functional. I hope this is a software problem not a problem with the eMMC chip. I'm not sure because I've bought this tablet as it is just recently.
    Last edited by apadana; 10-27-2021, 06:05 AM.

Re: Can the input of an LCD be tested with multimeter?

You would need a oscilloscope to see the signal going to the lcd. I would either fix the windows issue first, or try going into the bios setup, that should give you a display on the lcd if it is working.

Comment

Re: Can the input of an LCD be tested with multimeter?

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      You would need a oscilloscope to see the signal going to the lcd. I would either fix the windows issue first, or try going into the bios setup, that should give you a display on the lcd if it is working.
      When I use an external display, I see absolutely nothing on the screen of the external display until Windows login page appears. I cannot enter bios setup when I see nothing during system boot.

Comment

Working...
      X