Sony HCD-GZR5D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony HCD-GZR5D

Hi guys, this hifi was given to me as it was sent to sony but returned back with the reason no parts available and in the service sheet stated the STK IC is faulty. Ah ok, so i thought it made my life easier so i ordered one online and replaced it, original IC. Still no sound

The technician didnt even check i guess and made random assumption that the IC is faulty

I plugged in the headset, it has very faded sound, like maybe 2% no matter you control the volume up or down, the sound remains the same even at zero volume. Thru the speakers, theres no sound at all. Ok so i tried test input signal from a phone straight to the input of the amp section, theres sound coming out of the speaker, but volume on the unit still unable to control anything as if dead. I had to control from the handphone the volume. So this confirms the amp section is working fine. Even the speaker relay clicks ok, of course if the speaker relay didnt click, there wont be any sound when i short the signals right :P

So where do i go from here? Can anyone help me please. Something seems messed up with the input signal control block.

I have attached a service manual with this thread if that may be useful to anyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DjKrish; 07-17-2019, 05:10 AM.

Re: Sony HCD-GZR5D

Problem solved. After tracing missing voltage on audio input IC on the main board, noticed 100UF 16V capacitor was completely shot and several capacitors around it has higher ESR, that caused the 2.2ohms smd resistor to blow out and disable 9V voltage supply to the audio input/output signal IC. Hope this helps anyone who might have same issue with lost of audio output.

Comment

Working...
    X