No announcement yet.

Onkyo TX-SR507 stuck in standby mode/protection mode, relay clicks one time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onkyo TX-SR507 stuck in standby mode/protection mode, relay clicks one time

Have you tried replacing C922 or at least bridge it with another 1000µf to see if it will stay up.
    Its kind of hard to tell if the relay is droping out because the 12 volts can't keep it latched or the POWERD line is telling it to turn off due to a fault.
    Are the + and - 52v both ok
    There are also two lines IPROTECT and VPROTECT, check what there voltages are, they may be telling the amp to shut down.
    Last edited by R_J; 06-24-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Have you tried replacing C922 or at least bridge it with another 1000µf to see if it will stay up.
      Its kind of hard to tell if the relay is droping out because the 12 volts can't keep it latched or the POWERD line is telling it to turn off due to a fault.
      Are the + and - 52v both ok
      There are also two lines IPROTECT and VPROTECT, check what there voltages are, they may be telling the amp to shut down.
      I see something strange at R112. Could it be that it has to do something with it? I think R112 is open. I tested it and it also looks like it is open.
      I can't find where I can measure the + and - 52V.

Both IPROTECT and VPROTECT don't get high voltages. The voltages I measure aren't high. Something between 0.3mV - 1mV.
      Last edited by waterboy1602; 06-25-2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

If R112 is open that should'nt cause a problem with the amp. Q111 is a 10 volt regulator but it looks like that +10V is only for the tuner
        Both protect lines are low which is good, so its not seeing a protection fault but the amp just won't stay on correct?

The +&- 52V are the supplies for the main amp, there are many places you can check the voltage
        C6901,C6902 the large [8200/63] caps
        Have you tried the DEBUG MODE-4 on page 5 of the manual?
        Last edited by R_J; 06-25-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

If R112 is open that would cause a problem, Q111 is a 10 volt regulator but it looks like that +10V is only for the tuner
          Both protect lines are low which is good
          The +&- 52V are the supplies for the main amp, there are many places you can check the voltage
          C6901,C6902 the large [8200/63] caps
          Have you tried the DEBUG MODE-4 on page 5 of the manual?
          Checked the 52V: they dropped after every click to 18V and after that it goes back to around 52V.

The screen won't go on. So that's no option.

Comment

So both plus and minus 52 volts are present, they will drop as the amp is being turned off by the relay. when you first plug the amp in dows it start clicking or do you need to push power first?
            It should be in standby and the relay should not be clicking when the amp is pluged in and off

Check if the fuse F910 (page 39) is ok, if it is good, check +12v on C9011 (page 27) It could be that this +12 volts is missing and the standby +12 is trying to supply the all the circuits but can't do it
            You may want to check R181 (4.7Ω) (page 25)
            The +12VSD_ST is the standby 12 volts source, once the amp gets turned on, the +12VD should be present and via R181 and D183 keep the +12VSD_ST at 12 volts to keep the relay engaged.
            Last edited by R_J; 06-25-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

So both plus and minus 52 volts are present, they will drop as the amp is being turned off by the relay. when you first plug the amp in dows it start clicking or do you need to push power first?
              It should be in standby and the relay should not be clicking when the amp is pluged in and off

Check if the fuse F910 (page 39) is ok, if it is good, check +12v on C9011 (page 27) It could be that this +12 volts is missing and the standby +12 is trying to supply the all the circuits but can't do it
              You may want to check R181 (4.7Ω) (page 25)
              The +12VSD_ST is the standby 12 volts source, once the amp gets turned on, the +12VD should be present and via R181 and D183 keep the +12VSD_ST at 12 volts to keep the relay engaged.
              It indeed doesnt click when the amp is plugged in and off. It only starts clicking when I push the power button.

Fuse F910 isn't in my amp (I have the TX-SR507). I checked all the other fuses and they are all ok.

I also checked R181. That one is also stil correct. I checked the +12V. It's seems fine to me.

Again thank you for all your help!!

Comment

Working...
              X