Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermaltake 450 lite with burnt/exploded 5vsb ic

Hello everyone.

My friend gave me a dead power supply, thermaltake litepower 450 watt, with model number LT-450NL2NK.

after i open the case, i found a burnt IC in 5vsb area.

The problem is, i don't know what is the ic serial.

i tried to googled it, but i still can't found the same board type or OEM of this psu, so i cant found the type of burnt IC.

What is OEM this psu use?
    And what is the type/serial of IC used in 5vsb?

Thanks alot.
    Attached Files

Re: Thermaltake 450 lite with burnt/exploded 5vsb ic

Can you provide a better picture of the bottom of ic1? to be able to see the traces and components connected to the ic1
    I am so far guessing it could be a OB5269CP

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response..
      ok, this is the picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Forget to include Product number..

This one is thermaltake litepower 450 watt with Product Number: W0423

Comment

I guess it won't be OB5269CP, this ic uses an external mosfet.

Comment

Hi, I have a Thermaltake TR2 600W
            In the primary, use a TNY176PN 7-pin IV, maybe your source uses an equivalent.

Comment

Its not a TNY176PN either, wrong pinout, I can find lots of ic's that its not but can't seem to find which one is used here,
              It's also not a BH170A

Comment

Yes, this one not TNY series. Because TNY using 7 pin.

What is the oem this psu using?

Usually thermaltake using solytech for their low end, but i think this one use atng, based on the type of heatsink.. idk.

The ic of mystery...

Comment

What are the other ic's in the primary? and what is that one in the secondary? sometimes searching for known ic's might point towards a similar schematic that has the correct standby ic.
                  I see this 8 pin has pins 7 & 8 connected together and 3 & 4 connected together. sometimes these 8 pin ic's will have pin 7 but it is not used

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    What are the other ic's in the primary? and what is that one in the secondary? sometimes searching for known ic's might point towards a similar schematic that has the correct standby ic.
                    I see this 8 pin has pins 7 & 8 connected together and 3 & 4 connected together. sometimes these 8 pin ic's will have pin 7 but it is not used
                    Hello..
                    There's no other ic in primary. Just that one.
                    And in secondary using Weltrend wt7525 as supervisor.

Comment

Hello there, check for reviews in the internet for some information like these ones. Some of them have photos that you can see the IC or the resistor values, etc.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2009...power_supply/3
                      https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/ther...supply-review/

Also I found this website that has a lot of ATX Diagrams. http://publikz.com/projects/atx/

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by leotron View Post
                        Hello there, check for reviews in the internet for some information like these ones. Some of them have photos that you can see the IC or the resistor values, etc.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2009...power_supply/3
                        https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/ther...supply-review/

Also I found this website that has a lot of ATX Diagrams. http://publikz.com/projects/atx/

Good luck
                        Hello Mr. Leo, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, the link that you given is based on fsp apfc machine.
                        So it's different than this one.

This thermaltake litepower 450, has the product number W0423.

The same board is shown in https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/PSU...GEN-2-500W-OEM
                        and
                        https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817153279

But there's no review about this unit, so i still don't know about the5vsb ic

Comment

Originally posted by Quaddro View Post
                          Hello Mr. Leo, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, the link that you given is based on fsp apfc machine.
                          So it's different than this one.
                          It's OK, maybe you can write us down the other IC id numbers so we can use it to search on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by leotron View Post
                            It's OK, maybe you can write us down the other IC id numbers so we can use it to search on the web.
                            The primary side only use single ic in 5vsb area.
                            The other ic is in secondary, weltrend wt7520 with the function as supervisor.

I'll try to draw some schematic for 5vsb section.
                            Maybe it'll help to determine the right ic.

Comment

Thermaltake PSU's are crap. I just bought the 600w for $17 out of curiosity and its full of CrapXon capacitors. It even has CrapXon as the main primary. So much for "high quality components"

Comment

Originally posted by CapSwapper View Post
                                Thermaltake PSU's are crap. I just bought the 600w for $17 out of curiosity and its full of CrapXon capacitors. It even has CrapXon as the main primary. So much for "high quality components"
                                yeah, especially this thermaltake lite. passive, ancient topology etc..
                                so much crap on one "international" brand.

but the goal is to fix something broken.
                                if i can fix it, well, will be a nice addition of my psus..

Comment

does the pinout match a TOPSWITCH or a Viper ??

Comment

The two Thermaltake PSUs I have are both CWT ISO platform (which I'm not even sure of how much it can do) and while one of them has TEAPO caps (which AFAIK are decent), the other is filled with Fuhjyyus.

So much for a PSU that not only wants to be "cool" but also power a beefier GPU w/ 6pin connector (both have 1x 6-pin 12V plugs)
                                    Main rig:
                                    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                                    16GB DDR3-1600
                                    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                                    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                                    Delux MG760 case

Comment

i've already make a simple drawing about the connection of the ic with the other components.
                                      Maybe it can help to find out about this ic serial id.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Its close, pins 7&8 connect directly to the transformer primary, the diode is in series with the [cap. across the resistor] and are connected across the primary of the transformer.
                                        D1 anode comes from the transformer run winding and the cathode connets to R3? (10Ω) to pin 2 (C1 or is it C3?) connects from pin 2 to ground
                                        Last edited by R_J; 05-12-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X