Nippon Chemi-Con 3300uF 10x25mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nippon Chemi-Con 3300uF 10x25mm?

I needed some 3300uF 10v caps for my psu (especially 10mm), so I ordered from ebay 10 Pcs of Nippon Chemi-Con (NCC) KZE 10V 3300UF caps 10mm x 25mm, are these caps counterfeit?
    link for this cap on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302793396429

Re: Nippon Chemi-Con 3300uF 10x25mm?

that link is just inadequate for telling if its fake as it doesnt show the top vent of the cap and doesnt show the bung on the bottom. two telltale signs of fakes.

but looking through the chemicon kze datasheet, the 3300uF 10v caps come in 12.5x25mm can size not 10x25mm. please measure the caps again yourself. if they are indeed 10mm in diameter, they are most likely fakes. dont buy caps from ebay or china. buy from a reputable seller like digikey, mouser or some such.

Comment

the seller sounds familiar, i think they are probably legit.
      but they arent really suitable for psu's - the esr is a bit low.

Comment

Yeah, KZE series has a bit too low ESR for switching power supplies, but it should still work if it's not a crappy psu in the first place.

10mm KZE while not in datasheet is not necessarily fake... 10mm is popular with power supplies and motherboards and KZE was used a lot on motherboards so I wouldn't say they're fake.

abyse, if you decide not to trust them, I have in my personal stock these and I could mail them to you from here in Romania if you can pay for them using paypal ... should get to you in 3..5 days.

3300 16 12.5 35 Panasonic FM 3750 12
        3300 25 16 25 Panasonic FR 3820 14
        3300 6.3 10 25 Nichicon HM 2800 12
        3300 6.3 10 25 Nichicon HZ 4690 6.5
        3300 16 12.5 35 UnitedChemiCon KZE 3400 15

capacity , voltage , diameter , height , maker , series , ripple , esr (mOhm)

6.3v caps would still work, your 3300/10 is most likely used to filter 3.3v or 5v in power supply, so 6.3v is safe enough

So Nichicon HM 3300/6.3v while a bit on the low esr wise, would probably work just fine in the psu.

Comment

I want to recap this Ultra X-Connect 500w Modular ATX psu for my retro pc build, all caps are Fuhjyyu brand, there are 2 caps "10V 3300UF" (output filters?) at 10mm diameter so I need 10mm caps because largers ones will not fit.

Im a noob at capacitors so I used google to search for 10mm caps... I found out that Nippon Chemi-Con KZE series was used in high end PSU-us, that's why I ordered from ebay these Nippon KZE 10mm caps.
          So are you sure that Nichicon HM 3300/6.3v will be a good replacement for Fuhjyyu TNR 3300/10v ?
          Attached Files

Comment

i seem to remember in the past we had this problem with Antec psu's and solved it by using panasonic FK series 2700uf caps.

Comment

As has abyse, I've seen KZE in modern higher end PSUs. Rubycon ZL as well.
              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

As anyone checked if these KZEs are genuine? They could be a stock from a custom size made for some manufacturer but it ain't confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                  As has abyse, I've seen KZE in modern higher end PSUs. Rubycon ZL as well.
                  So have I....in quite a few.
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                  Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                  http://folding.stanford.edu/
                  Team : 49813
                  Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Hitto View Post
                    As anyone checked if these KZEs are genuine? They could be a stock from a custom size made for some manufacturer but it ain't confirmed.
                    I will post some photos when I receive my eb@y package

Comment

Thank you.

Also post their E.S.R. to check if they may be suitable in switching power supplies.

As a rough reference please note that Teapo SC capacitors (*2200uF@10V) used in nowadays ATX power supplies measure an average of 0.03Ω.
                      Last edited by Hitto; 07-01-2019, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                        Yeah, KZE series has a bit too low ESR for switching power supplies,

(...)

abyse, if you decide not to trust them, I have in my personal stock these and I could mail them to you from here in Romania if you can pay for them using paypal ... should get to you in 3..5 days.

3300 16 12.5 35 Panasonic FM
                        When KZE is too low ESR, Panasonic FM is really too low ESR!
                        They are so low that you can use Pana FM as a replacement for Nippon KZG - they are a bit larger and for the 6,3V/3300uF you have to go for the 16V instead but they are so similar on the lower end (IIRC 1000 or 1500uF).

As for Impedance:
                        The KZE has an Impedance of 18mOhms and 2770mA in the 3300uF/10V (12,5mm version though).

The Panasonic FM has 15mOhm and 3190mA Ripple Current...

Anyway, these look like they should be replaced with the shittiest Low Impedance caps you can find.

Such as the Nippon Chemicon KYB for exmple, though KY or maybe KYB preferred.

As for KZE in PSU:
                        You see them all the time in modern PSU! Its the Standard if they write "Japense Capacitors" on the Box -> KZE and similar from other manufacturers.
                        With a couple of KY for 1500uF or less...

Comment

As a rough reference please note that Teapo SC capacitors (*2200uF@10V) used in nowadays ATX power supplies measure an average of 0.03Ω.
                          According to the Spec Sheet its the 16V/2200uF. And the common one is the 10x30mm one -> 1780mA and 32mOhms Impedance.

The 10V is around 40mOhm (10x25mm) in the spec sheet...

Comment

Yes, the common one is the 2200uF@10V (in the damned, recap unfriendly, D10 diameter).
                            Last edited by Hitto; 07-03-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Yes, the common one is the 2200uF@10V (in the damned, recap unfriendly, D10 diameter).
                              panasonic FR series.

have some usefull datasheets.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Panasonic F-S is what you're looking for, if you want to.
                                But for that old PSU, though they might also be rather good.

2700uF/10V should also be possible - as should 6,3V. Those should be easier to get.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                  panasonic FR series.

have some usefull datasheets.
                                  Thank you.

Panasonic FRs seems to be the choice though they are lower E.S.R. than the KYs. The KYs howewer handle less ripple (~200mA) compared to the FRs. But they have a more close E.S.R. if we are aiming for a replacement for the Teapo SC. A challenging dilemma.

By the way, Teapo SC 2200uF@16V measures 0.24Ω:

On that same power supply there are also some Teapo SCs 2200uF@10V and I can confirm that they measure 0.30Ω/0.32Ω.

Would the KZE, in case it measures around 0.18/0.17Ω, cause instabilities?
                                  Last edited by Hitto; 07-04-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I sincerely doubt it. You should be fine with KZE.

Also keep in mind if they're for 3.3v and 5v output filtering, you'll be fine with 6.3v rated KZE (or FM) which will have slightly higher esr... datasheet says 22mOhm for 2200/6.3v

Comment

Thank you.

Also post their E.S.R. to check if they may be suitable in switching power supplies.

just received my package today, unfortunately i don't have an esr meter but I will order a cheap “LCR-T4 ESR Meter” from ebay 🤭 and I will post their values.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by abyse; 07-05-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

They look legit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X