Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desoldering station vacuum pump. Looking for recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desoldering station vacuum pump. Looking for recommendations.

you can set your temp to match the type of solder your dealing with.

Comment

Ouch. Id think that piece would be glaas. Clear plastic tends to be brittle.

Comment

The directions explain what setting to use depending on solder and if the board is double sided or not. But I just started on the lowest setting possible and worked up until it did the job.

Comment

desoldering station

does anyone have a csi 474 desoldering station?

Comment

Update on the FR300. The first two canisters cracked, but the 3rd is working fine. Manufacturing must of gotten a bad batch of plastic. So far the tool is working good and reliability with moderate use.

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
              Ouch. Id think that piece would be glaas. Clear plastic tends to be brittle.
              If you can find someone who works with glass, you could get a glass one made from a piece of glass tube. That's what I have for my Den-on. Much nicer and easier to clean. The original plastic one has held up fine, but has tiny bits of solder melted into the inside everywhere. Glass works a lot better.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

I have an ancient Ungar desolder pump (sounds like an aquarium pump, probably is an aquarium pump!). Over the years I've had to replace the heating element once already. Yes, cleaning it is very important else you'll clog. I have some steel wire that I use to poke through the tip, and changing the filters must be done as well. Also emptying the solder bin is also quite important, put it off and you might have an internal "solder bridge" that may result in replacing parts...

It's a pain to maintain but being able to remove solder... almost priceless.

(Good solder wick also works well...)

Comment

I use a Pace ST 115E De-Soldering system with the Sx80 solder extractor, older technology but very reliable

Comment

Re: desoldering station

Originally posted by epssty View Post
                    does anyone have a csi 474 desoldering station?
                    I have one. Are you having as many problems modding a new style gun into it as I am? I would like to trade some board and original gun wiring pictures/pinouts with you! My unit came from ebay, with no gun, in a fully toasted state.

Trying to add the B1002B gun this this is a pain. I will have to add a solid state relay and transformer to run the 24v heater. The problem that is holding me up currently, is that I have no idea where the thermocouple attaches On top of that, the butcher that previously worked on this unit burned/pulled off all the traces at the din connector.

Please, we can help each other!

-Garbleduser

Comment

Please post pictures of the boards front and back that are in this unit and we might be able to help you with it
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply
                      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
                      X