Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repair Fence Energizer SS-1000E Fi-Shock

Originally posted by goontron View Post
    My experience exactly. Even just a nearby strike will kill these things.
    In this particular case, starting to think the WIRING is not 100% right, he was mumbling something about that, so now read up on how it should be done, may pay a visit to make sure enough grounding and no obvious (periodic??) shorts going on there

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
    It nice to see that you have it back up and running again
    Would not have been possible w/o the great support and spirit of folks on this board, keep up.. this is definitely not my day job, but I'll be sure to turn in future for help

Lets hope this holds, and if not, I'll report just for the record, and will keep replacing the parts one by one

Cheers.

Stormy.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
      BTW, when we say that capacitor is leaky, we mean EPR or effective parallel resistance, not ESR. Simply use a regular ohmmeter (DC ohmmeter, not AC ohmmeter which is used for ESR) with the probes in the right direction and wait for the capacitor to charge up, the/all capacitor/capacitors should eventually show up as infinite resistance.
      Dear eccerr0r,

I was curious, so powered it up with open case, hopefully for the last time in a while the Ohm reading one side shows as 10M, flipping the leads shows it as OL (infinity) and when the TICK/neon light comes on, it goes to ZERO, so about every one second tick tick tick, it goes to zero, zero, other times it is OL/infinity..

I think that is OK..

Only thing now if it breaks it might be the resistors b/c some smoke did come out before diodes were replaced.. but they still seem OK, 360Ohm both.

Signing off for now all'ya'all.

Stormy.

Comment

i'v seen those type of resistors smoking like a vape-pipe and still work fine when the fault is fixed.
        you just have to check the solder joints werent effected by the heat.

Comment

Thanks, yeah, stopped it right away when it was in my possession, the first time it was in the farm, but then the second resistor burnt to the ground, so i guess it took all the "hear" so to speak. back side of board is clean/very good soldering for all parts..

may report back in a month either way given the apparent "popularity" of this thread

Stormy.

Comment

Over a month passed, no failures, and fence zaps just right so the farmer reports. Thanks again!!

Comment

Good to hear. Nice to see one fixed instead of scrapped and a new one picked up from Murdochs or Tractor Supply.
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
              X