Bose Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bose Headphones

Well here is the deal. I used to buy the "Dollar Store" over the ear headphones. I had this one cat that loved to bite the cords right off them. She fixed one pair of these for me while I was using them with her on my lap. She will no longer be a problem since a fox killed her last spring.
    I bought something called "Trisonic" at Wallmart. They were inexpensive. They sounded OK but are just way too tight on my head. These did last long anyway because the sliding hinges on both sides of the head band broke.
    Next I got these things from Koss at Wallmart. They fit well but never sounded all that great. Some how I managed to step on them and broke both earmuffs off the headband.
    Yesterday I found a pair of Bose AE2 headphones for $99.00 at BJ's Wholesale. http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ae2_headphones
    They sounded good on the store display. Are these things worth buying?
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Bose Headphones

Compared to their speakers, Bose headphones are good for the price. Idk how well they'll play with your cats tho, there are reports of them being fragile.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Fragile means they are a no go around here. What my cats don't bust I will...LOL Maybe I'll look at Sony's products. Had a pair of their very good ones years ago. Maybe they still make them today.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

Does anyone know where to buy parts for the Koss Ur/29 headphones? All I need are the two little inside plastic brackets that lock the muffs to the headband. I did a quick repair with black electical tape and all is well for now. I can't see spending real money when $5 or so bucks worth of plastic doodads will fix everything. Its a known fact now that I shouldn't step on my headphones.
        Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

If you want quality sound, I really recommend testing some Sennheiser headphones.

They have excellent sound and some models have everything removable or replaceable.

I have a Sennheiser HD 212 Pro (probably no longer available as it's about 2 years old) which has removable cable and I actually ordered two cables separately to replace it.

It's not a bad cable or design that needs to be replaced often, it's headphones designed for DJs so it's just very long (3 meters/ 10 feet) and I accidentally step with the chair feet on it

Comment

I emailed Koss and this is what they said.

Thank you for contacting Koss Stereophone!
            The only parts that are available for purchase are the ear cushions. If there are any other parts that are broken on your headset, you will have to send them in under the warranty. This information can be found below.

Your product is covered under the Lifetime Warranty. Please review the steps below to obtain your warranty.

Stereophones that were purchased after July of 1989 are covered by our Limited Lifetime warranty.

Please send your stereophones to our Corporation and we will repair or replace them in accordance with our Limited Lifetime Warranty.

If you are sending from the U.S., our address is:
            Koss Corporation
            Attn: Warranty Return
            4129 N. Port Washington Avenue
            Milwaukee, WI 53212
            You may also visit our Milwaukee location if you are from the area.

For all Canadian warranties, please send to:

Koss Stereophones
            Attn: Service Department
            173 Cartier
            Suite #101
            Pointe-Claire, P.Q
            H9S 4R9

This is a mail-only drop box.

Please include: $9.00 for US warranty or $10.00 for Canadian for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: return shipping address, phone number and email.

We recommend that you keep your tracking information on file. If you would like to check the status of your warranty, please call our customer service rep at 1-800-USA-KOSS.

Thank You,

Koss Stereophones
            Customer Support
            1-800-872-5677
            www.koss.com
            Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
            X