QDI ZillioX 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDI ZillioX 9

My "favorite" brand caps - DST. They don't bulge on top, just leak from the bottom.
    BTW. The v2.0 BETA BIOS from QDI is piece of crap - it boots only on second attempt. The v1.2 boots fine, although it's crap too. ACPI is totally messed up (the board turns off randomly), supports HDDs only up to 32GB and it can't be patched.
    I've also done a Coppermine mod (connected AH4 (RESET#) and X4 (RESET2#) pins on the CPU socket). Celeron 600 runs fine but BIOS shows Pentium III Xeon 598MHz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rainbow; 09-10-2005, 05:15 AM.

Re: QDI ZillioX 9

You'd like IQ and Choyo caps. they also just squirt out the bottom. I have some photos of them on this board somewhere...

--Randy

Comment

Rainbow, what model is your camera? The pics look way worse than my Kodak DX7630.
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

It's web camera (no brand there ) from around 1998 (most probably with cheap CMOS sensor). It has analog composite video output that's connected to Bt848A-based video capture card - so the resolution is PAL - 768x576.
        I don't feel like buying a camera just for

Comment

I think QDI motherboards are junk. I had a QDI Advance 3 motherboard, it came with DST caps. My QDI Advance 3 could only be stable up to 64MB of RAM on an AMD K6-2 450 or anything higher than 64MB would cause the system to be unstable and always froze in Windows 98 and ME. The freeze was the freeze that you had to push the restart button to correct. I recapped my QDI board with Nichicon low-ESR caps but the problem still existed. I recapped all 12 of the DST caps with Nichicon low-ESR replacements of the same value. And there was something strange with three of the DST caps, they were bulging at the top, not leaking from the bottom like Rainbow said.
          My gaming PC:
          AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
          ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
          PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
          G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
          TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
          WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
          ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
          Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
          Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
          Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
          Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

One of those old Socket 7 chipsets only supported 64mb properly, you could put more in, it would see it, but it did not work out right. I think it was the Intel TX?

Comment

I have PCPartner TXB820DS with i430TX chipset and it works fine with 128MB.

Comment

Working...
              X