ToteVision LCD-1811V 18" Inverter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToteVision LCD-1811V 18" Inverter problem

I have a ToteVision 18" that I got from eBay a while ago. I received it with a note that the previous owner had changed the top two lamps and still the monitor was shutting down the backlights. I opened up and saw the previous owner's work with silicone to adapt generic lamps to the rail of the ToteVision. I removed them and I couldn't turn them on (the original pair, bottom) with any other inverter but their original one (that was failing).
    I ended up removing both pairs, inserting 2 rails of 17" tubes from a dead Samsung (my first attempt to repair a monitor ...) and I managed to adapt an inverter from a VE500 (FrankenMonitor? ) but it only has two lamp outputs, so I made some soldering and taping and "It's alive ....!!!!". Even the bright control worked, so I reassembled it and it was working until the last week, when I replaced it with a Polaroid 19" TLA-01911C and decided to recheck it.

The original inverter is an FSP. One output works but the other one does not, and the whole thing shuts down. I replaced a fuse (taken out previously for another monitor), changed two caps (16v 470uf. I can't remember the original series, but I do remember that they were not bulging but they were on the "Bad Boys List", so I guess it is OK - Teapo) for ELNAs to test, and connected the lamps.
    Same behavior. I checked almost all the resistances on both sides, and they are the same. I found 4 transistors (Q1A,Q1B,Q2a,Q2B, being B the "Good side" and A the "Bad Side") that have C5706 2E on them. I found that they might be this component : http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp...=C5906&q=C5906
    When I turn on the monitor, the good side turns on, and 12v reach the cap + pole, and on the input of the L1B Inductor there a 8.4v and on the L1A only 2.34v. It is so short the time to test before it shuts down that I have not tested a lot.
    Any Idea where to start?
    Attached Files
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Re: ToteVision LCD-1811V 18" Inverter problem

First pic is the monitor working.
    2nd pic is the Sampo from the VE500 adapted to the ToteVision
    3rd pic is the detail of the inverter inputs of both the Sampo and the original FSP.
    The Next four pics are from the FSP inverter, in four parts to be clearer.
    The last pics are a detail of the Sampo from the VE500.

The other cap present in the FSP is a 10uf 25v in the input area.
    If more pix are needed, just tell me of what area, or if a component info is needed, let me know.I really want to either fix the inverter, or stuff this one in place of either the FSP or the Sampo : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390005543904
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Just a quick update.
      I bought a Proview 766s that had a standalone inverter (Sampo, but with 4 outputs).The monitor had a dead LCD Panel, and I managed to get the pinout of the inverter to wire it to the ToteVision. When I opened the Totevision, I noted that one of the pins that goes to the inverter, according to my notes, had before 5v when the monitor was on & signal applied and 0v when the monitor either was in soft-off mode or on without signal (the BL_ON signal).
      Now the signal have 4.98 ON and 5.0 in soft-OFF. I wired the inverter anyway, and ended up with the backlights always on. Then, the monitor suddenly went off (even backlights) the on again, and the Power led, which was green when ON and with signal, red while On & without signal, now has both the green and red led sections turned on, the controsl don't respond and the panel has only lines. I guess the VBoard just died on me ..... It is full of Jackcon & Tung caps (I've never seen those before). I guess it is another monitor that will go (return, in fact) to the COld Cases Folder. It is a shame, as the monitor, when it had the Sampo inverter (even with two lamps instead of four) had good image.Now, for trying to get the four lamps working, I guess either it died or I killed it (I don't find any reason for it to fail, as the BLON stuck on 5v was noted before the inverter was wired, so it wasn't me. Now I have two dead "bodies" : the 776s and the ToteVision
      Nobody ever posted anything on this thread except me, so I guess it is correct for me to close the cycle ...
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Those 2sc5706 that you mention in the first post of this thread can be replaced with 2sc5707, I cannot find where I read it, but I know I have read it a few times in badcaps forum threads, maybe someone else can confirm this, please.
        bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
          Those 2sc5706 that you mention in the first post of this thread can be replaced with 2sc5707, I cannot find where I read it, but I know I have read it a few times in badcaps forum threads, maybe someone else can confirm this, please.
          bob
          Thanks Bob. That would come in handy if I manage to revive this ToteVision. Or I can rapair this inverter and use it on my NEC 1830. What a shame that it failed on my, as it was a good size, good image, and with Video(RCA) inputs too. I planned to use it to test computers and gaming consoles or DVD players when they come in... now I won't be able to.. again, what a shame.
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Working...
          X