Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 225bw flashing power button

Hi There,

My Samsung 225bw won't turn on. The power button just starts flashing fast. After about 30 min it seems to go on, but just for a moment, and without backlight. I can see a screen "auto adjustment" popping up every second or so.

I guess it has something to do with the backlight inverter board. Do you guys agree? Could it be similar to this problem / these problems:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6930

Do you guys advise me to replace the same caps described in that topic? Thanks!

Re: Samsung 225bw flashing power button

Defiantly need some photos, Use managed attachments a good overall high quality shots straight down with no flash of the front and back of the boards, as close to the 2000x2000 pixel limit as possible
    It defiantly sounds like a capacitor problem, don't forget about the small usually around 50v and under 100uf caps that are in the area of the SMPS coil
    Al.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Hi Alexanna,

Thanks for your reply, see the screenshots attached. Here's some more info on the caps I found:

3 x capxon 330uF 25v p640 vent GL 105° 12mm x 10mm (height x diameter).
      2 x capxon 820uF 25v c650 vent GL 105° 20mm x 10mm
      1 x capxon 47uF 50v c646 vent GL 105° 10mm x 5mm
      1 x capxon 150uF 450v c640 vent GL 105° 40mm x 20mm

I understand that last one doesn't break that easily, so should I replace the rest?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bolus View Post
        Hi Alexanna,

Thanks for your reply, see the screenshots attached. Here's some more info on the caps I found:

3 x capxon 330uF 25v p640 vent GL 105° 12mm x 10mm (height x diameter).
        2 x capxon 820uF 25v c650 vent GL 105° 20mm x 10mm
        1 x capxon 47uF 50v c646 vent GL 105° 10mm x 5mm
        1 x capxon 150uF 450v c640 vent GL 105° 40mm x 20mm

I understand that last one doesn't break that easily, so should I replace the rest?
        I prefer 'fail' to 'break', but you are correct. The 450Volt caps are usually good. Replace the other six with name brand, low ESR, 105°C caps such as Panasonic FMs.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
        X