T-con test pattern jumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-con test pattern jumpers

Greetings I'm trying to make jumpers to run the tcon test patterns below but my LG OLED does not list 3.5v on p201 which pins would I use?

3.5v to P_ON
    3.5v to 12VT_ON
    3.5v to DRV_ON

Image below

Last edited by thepiecesfit; 05-17-2021, 01:02 AM.

Re: T-con test pattern jumpers

The picture does not show part of the t-con and I'm not sure if a oled t-con has a built in test patern generator. Maybe when you push the P-only button on the service remote. I wonder why you want to run a testpicture , is there a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
      The picture does not show part of the t-con and I'm not sure if a oled t-con has a built in test patern generator. Maybe when you push the P-only button on the service remote. I wonder why you want to run a testpicture , is there a problem?
      It's a picture of the power board connector pins that were suggested for creating jumpers in another post to trigger t-con test patterns while the mainboard is disconnected. I'm trying to determine if my panel is at fault. The tv sends an sos to shut off when the mainboard is connected to the tcon. When the mainboard is disconnected the power stays on fine. I'm at a loss on what to try next, t-con, power and mainboard were also all replaced.

Comment

Is is possible that you misunderstand what to jumper where. As suggested look at the tcon for equivalent labelling. Perhaps there is the voltage that you need AND is provided at the tcon itself from power that it gets from the power board.

Comment

The old plasma tv's had that option, an Oled does not. A LG Oled service remote has a P-only button to start up the tv without the mainboard.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
            The old plasma tv's had that option, an Oled does not. A LG Oled service remote has a P-only button to start up the tv without the mainboard.
            Got it there was a user on this board suggesting this on an OLED in multiple posts. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Hello ,I have the same issue in my lg oled 55E8 do you find some solution to your problem ,please answer to this email myk7706@gmail.com, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maykel View Post
                Hello ,I have the same issue in my lg oled 55E8 do you find some solution to your problem ,please answer to this email myk7706@gmail.com, thanks
                Sorry but no, nothing worked. The panel had to be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                X