Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung qn55q60raf powercycle

Hello again -

I have the above named TV and it is doing a chronic power cycle. (30 minutes on, then off, right back up again) From what I read this has been a issue with these models. I have seen several solutions that incude unplugging a connecting wire from the power board to the mainboard, to replacing the powerboard. I have not even opened it up yet because this one is less than obvious on how to open it up compared to all other TV's I have dissected. At this point I am looking for input from anyone who has experienced this problem with the same unit and their resolution before I throw money at it. Thanks as always!

Re: Samsung qn55q60raf powercycle

I have the same tv and same symptom.
    I traced the problem down to resistors on the panel board I thought. Tv quit rebooting and had a nice picture. But after several days the screen got lines and a degraded picture but did not reboot anymore. Must be another component or possibly the panel itself

I have not had a chance to further troubleshoot. Hope this helps get you started and let us know how it goes

Comment

I have it opened up now,and there is nothing visible showing that I can see at all. I don't have much experience in tracing bad components unfortunately. If it had been showing bad capacitors or a something simple I could have easily resolved it.

Comment

if you mean no capacitors are showing visible damage, they do not have to show damage to be bad, just changed out 2 40 year old capacitors, looked fine but dead.

Comment

Yes, I understand that. To update what I have tried so far for those following this post.
          Disabled the mobile power on
          Disable the Anynet
          Ran the Virus check
          Ran the system check
          Disabled the auto power off
          Disable Smart things
          Disable Sleep timer
          Checked for a software update
          Longest uptime I have had was1 hour and 40 minutes then blinked out (was playing a Netflix) it kicked right back up almost immediately. I cannot decide if this is a power issue or a possible overheat. It kind looked like it had a blink code while it was down but I could not be sure. If it actually was, then it was 2 shorts and one long.

Comment

Did you check if you have panel errors in the service menu ?

Comment

Actually, I did, last Friday. There were no panel errors, there were several old events referencing CEC command image view turned on. The TV had still been working fine at that point. Since then I have replaced the main and now it is turning on and off much much faster. I can send this board back if I have too of course. I am inclined to think this may be a power issue, though I do not understand why the older board would stay up for as long as a hour and a half and the new main begins setup and starts cycling immediately.

Comment

only 2 boards, so unhook powerboard from mainboard, plug power cord in, see if backlights come on and stay on, if they do plug cable back in from powerboard to mainboard and unhook cable/s both if there are 2 from mainboard to panel driver board/s and see what you get, if it still cycles and you have 2 cables going to panel driver, then try it with one hooked up at a time, best policy is to make all hookups and unhooks with tv unplugged from power to avoid any errant surges etc.

Comment

OK - That was good advice, but I am not sure what to make of it. I have one connecting cable from the power board to the main board. I pulled the cable out of the main board (it is new) and plugged the TV back in. All the backlights came up and stayed on. After about 2 hours I unplugged the TV. So, where do I go from here? Is it the cable?

Comment

Samy Q LED panel are shit. after 1-3 years of their live get shorted..

Comment

Originally posted by Techboxcomputer View Post
                      OK - That was good advice, but I am not sure what to make of it. I have one connecting cable from the power board to the main board. I pulled the cable out of the main board (it is new) and plugged the TV back in. All the backlights came up and stayed on. After about 2 hours I unplugged the TV. So, where do I go from here? Is it the cable?
                      lol, you didn't have to leave it on for 2 hours, anyway that is what it should have done, so that part passes the test, now do the rest of the test in post #8.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        Samy Q LED panel are shit. after 1-3 years of their live get shorted..
                        You are correct sir, samsung is making PURE shit.

Comment

I reread your instructions from post #8 and understood them better this time. Now I have the main (my original) reconnected to the power board. I disconnected a cable that runs into the driver board I was calling this a T-Con which is why I was confused. The system is still power cycling rapidly. Thank you.

Comment

ok, that sure seems to point to the mainboard being the problem.

Comment

No no, a samsung QN qled.

Did you try the tape method first sir ?

Comment

you could try unhooking all the cables from mainboard except the one going to powerboard, and try it in case its something strange but I think you will still get the cycling, indicating a problem with mainboard, can also give mainboard a good heating with a hairdryer and try it, don't wait for it to cool down, try it right away before it cools off.

Comment

I ordered a mainboard and switched it out, as I said in Post 7 which resulted in the same effect, thus I switched it back. And I do not know what the tape method is.

Comment

do the test in post #16, pretty sure if you can't even get anything stable with the panel unhooked then you have a problem before the panel, which can be mainboard or a cable/connection or possibly powerboard or backlights. after testing as post 16, do the whole test, also try turning down the backlights NOT brightness turn it down a lot, then see if the tv stays on longer, without testing it's all just speculation.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-02-2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

As I have said it’s either the panel or the panel board that is bad.

Removing resistors on the panel board I was able to get the tv to stay on and had a clear picture. It did not last as the picture got lines through it after a couple days but the tv stays on and does not reboot. So it’s component on the panel board or an internal panel short.

Comment

Like I said and a super tech I know, there's 50 ways these junk tvs can fail, AND only specific testing can prove it out, there's NO one size repair fits all.

Comment

Working...
                                        X