Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony kd-55xe8596 weird issue

Hi all,

I've got the above tv and it's displaying the strangest issue I think I've seen (see attached).

The TVs backlight does what I'd expect, you can hear the menu when it boots up, but the display is the same garbled mess regardless what it's doing.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start? My gut says main board but maybe tcon?

More often than not, the blocks have straight edges and the pattern you see on the picture that overlays the white and green moves out from the middle up and down. I can upload a video if it helps
    Attached Files

Re: Sony kd-55xe8596 weird issue

Ok update, I went into service mode (display, 5, vol up, power) and it actually displayed a (glitchy) image. Turns out it was in initial setup mode.

Got all the way throught initial setup and to the home screen with lots got glitching and occasional freezing. Now turned off at the plug, turned back on, back to the same pattern no matter what I do. The green areas seem to have the ghost of the menu stuck in it though which is new. Guess that is the RAM which now makes me think maybe that's the issue? The RAM? I think there's one lonely samsung ram on the main board.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X