Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-65N7004U / 65A6100M not powering on

Hello Badcappers,

I have this tv that does not turn on. There are 2 model numbers on it : LC-65N7004U and 65A6100M.

When powering on the tv, the Sharp logo briefly appears with a dim S, and the tv turns off. While the Sharp logo is on the screen, the power light will blink 6 times (the last blink being very very quick).

I suspect a bad LED driver, or bad LED(s). Do you have any suggestion on how to troubleshoot this ? I have ordered a LED tester and should be getting it next week

Here is a link to a video showing what happens:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/hkBjgBdAios

Thanks for your help !
    Last edited by vizi0n; 01-06-2023, 01:50 PM.

Re: Sharp LC-65N7004U / 65A6100M not powering on

maybe try some resets first, be CAREFUL if you go into service menu, setting something wrong in there could brick/mess up your tv.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      maybe try some resets first, be CAREFUL if you go into service menu, setting something wrong in there could brick/mess up your tv.
      I haven't found any service manual for this model, so I don't know how to load the service menu. The TV shuts off after like 5 seconds

Comment

see if that helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvXsglOIL4

Comment

I believe on some sharps it's channel down and input that you need to hold while plugging in to get to service menu.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no button on the TV itself, other than the power button. I've tried holding it a few seconds, or even holding while unplugged then plugging in, nothing seems to work. It feels like bad leds, but cant be overridden it seems.

Comment

Bad LEDs are typical on these

Comment

I wolud do one more easy test before tearing it down to backlights, what do you have with just one ribbon cable attached from tcon to panel, do both sides, see if you get any display, careful not to let the pins of the disconnected ribbon cable touch the metal chassis or anything, make all cable connections and disconnections with tv unplugged from power.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  I wolud do one more easy test before tearing it down to backlights, what do you have with just one ribbon cable attached from tcon to panel, do both sides, see if you get any display, careful not to let the pins of the disconnected ribbon cable touch the metal chassis or anything, make all cable connections and disconnections with tv unplugged from power.
                  hmmm I didn't try with half of the panel connected. I could try that later

Comment

Well, just an update : there was one bad LED but I ended up replacing the whole set of loght strips and everything is now back to normal operation !

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Comment

Nice work saving that 65 incher.

Comment

Hi Vizion ,
                        I had the same model 65a6100m, the same issue sharp, red-light blink fast for 6 times, last 6th blink is fast , sharp logo appear for a second then shutdown.

How to fix this. Do I had to open its back cover?
                        Or what light stipe to order?

Comment

Originally posted by Takayalee View Post
                          Hi Vizion ,
                          I had the same model 65a6100m, the same issue sharp, red-light blink fast for 6 times, last 6th blink is fast , sharp logo appear for a second then shutdown.

How to fix this. Do I had to open its back cover?
                          Or what light stipe to order?
                          Hi Takaya,

You need to take the tv apart completely

This includes (but might not be limited to, as i dont remember all the steps I did) : remove back cover, remove ribbons from tcon to panel, unclip the 4 boards at the bottom on the frame, remove the outer frame, remove the locking plastic strips around lcd, remove lcd, remove plastic diffusers, remove white background, remove strips and glue new ones in place reassemble in reverse order

I have ordered a set of these from this seller

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...3eb51802kUmNfH

Quite cheap and worked ! It took about maybe 2-3h total. Ive glued the strips with silicone caulking.

Hope that helps !

Comment

THanks so much, So happy that you reply so fast.

1. This video can use as a method to take every apart ??
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGR1tTlbPXw&t=205s

2. and when remove the glue strip. it's need hairdryer to heat it up? before remove it?

3. general white silicone caulking work? or it's need any specific one?

Thanks so much ViziOn

Originally posted by vizi0n View Post
                            Hi Takaya,

You need to take the tv apart completely

This includes (but might not be limited to, as i dont remember all the steps I did) : remove back cover, remove ribbons from tcon to panel, unclip the 4 boards at the bottom on the frame, remove the outer frame, remove the locking plastic strips around lcd, remove lcd, remove plastic diffusers, remove white background, remove strips and glue new ones in place reassemble in reverse order

I have ordered a set of these from this seller

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...3eb51802kUmNfH

Quite cheap and worked ! It took about maybe 2-3h total. Ive glued the strips with silicone caulking.

Hope that helps !

Comment

In the video the strips are screwed in, but on these tvs the strips are glued with some black stuff and some tape as well. You will understand when you get there

To remove the strip i’ve juste lifted one end of the strip and pulled. Since i was not reusing I just pulled hard.

Regarding silicone, its because that is what I had on hand. Just make sure that you make it as thin as possible so that the strip lays flat. Also wait for it to cure for a few hours before lifting the tv up, just so that the strips dont move/fall because not glued properly. I’ve used a regular household silicone caulking tube.

Comment

Understood,
                                Already orderone from Ali, 2weeks waiting.
                                I will update when it arrived here.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Takayalee View Post
                                  Understood,
                                  Already orderone from Ali, 2weeks waiting.
                                  I will update when it arrived here.

Thank you
                                  same issue. ordered the LED strips linked above. did it fix ?

Comment

Working...
                                  X