X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

1Mlogons

first forum i have ever joined, hoping to find mentors. internet connection i used not totally reliable and it reset when I tried to post last. hope this works this time.

Comment

Just wanted to introduce myself. Newbie with a Panny Plasma that has 7 blinking red lights so I am here for assistance and electronic education which I have little experience with. Good day everybody.

Mar

Comment

Hello all, thanks for the forum.
        In general, I'm a walking contradiction:
        Idealistic realist, generous and frugal, romantic skeptic, hard-working and unemployed, serial entrepreneur and retired (again).

Husband, father, son, brother, uncle, friend, neighbor, partner, mentor, teacher, student, reader, writer... hmmm... might lack focus?

I love to learn, to tinker, to CREATE.

My main purpose in joining this forum was completely selfish... I am trying to repair a Samsung PN60F5500 and after replacing all the boards have a picture back and hdmi ports working again, but wanted to explain 2 exact problems and see if users might tell me what to zero in on next.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum but have a few years of TV repair as an authorized service technician. I no longer work full time in the field but I still do repair work on the side from time to time. I have a fair sized library of training and service manuals at my disposal however, I don't have much on the LED backlit models as I left the business shortly after these models started to hit the market.
          I see that there is a wealth of information here along with some talented technicians and tinkerers. I look forward to sharing some information and knowledge with you all.

Comment

Hi fellow trons. New to this forum, old to the world of electronics. Been working around electrons in some fashion or other since I stuck a knife in an electrical outlet sometime in the early 50's. Was known in the old neighborhood as the fix it kid, of course that was back when most things were fixed and not thrown away. Oh, and they were made here. Did 20 years with Uncle Sam's yacht club as an AT, retired as ATC. Worked for several years as a satellite tech for the GA lottery. Now retired to the quiet backroads of Georgia, away from the city, as in 12 miles to town away!
            Been in computers since VIC-20.
            That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Thanks for letting me in, now let's see if anyone reads my beer soaked message!!! HAHAHA

Comment

Hi,
              Found this while looking for a startup problem on a friend's Gateway 4620. Glad I found your forum. I think the info will help with other computer issues I've got to deal with. BMW car tech by profession, but been building my own computers and fixing others for over 20 years. Started with 286's and even had an 8088 or two.
              Thanks,
              Bill

Comment

Hi, I'm Mark and I practice accounting when not wielding a soldering iron. I play guitar which led me to the pastime of noodling with amplifiers, pedals, pickups, cables and such.

On occasion, my friends or family would bring me their busted electronics and ask if I'd take a look. As luck would have it, many of their items could be repaired by simply replacing a blown capacitor(s). This is about the time I discovered this forum. A few years ago I was searching for powering up problems with a Magnavox LCD TV. Sure enough this forum had that covered.

I'm glad there are experts and hackers out here in the "ether", willing to share their wisdom, experiences and expertise in helping others deal with corporate electronics that seem to fail within minutes after their warranty expires. For what its worth, this dumb monkey sure appreciates this forum and all who contribute. I personally can attest that this site has easily saved my circle of friends at least a couple grand in replacement and professional repair costs. Now if I could just make a decent solder joint.......

Comment

Hello, Im Matt. Just getting into component level repair and already loving it. I used to be a Mini Cooper Tech now i work on gates and cam systems. I also DJ on the side.

Comment

Hi my name is Jon I'm from sea Moines Iowa and I have used this site to repair a couple tv's in the past. I really hope all you intelligent folks can help me with this new problem I have.thanks for creating such a place for this.

Comment

Hi guys. My name is Vincent and I know nothing about repairing electronics haha. So if I fail to report back on how a repair went I probably blew up the house.

Comment

I am from Ghana currently studying Computer Engineering at the tertiary level and I am here to share and also improve my knowledge in electronics.

Nice to meet you ALL Guys!!!!!

Comment

Hi Im Dave from Uk. I have registered on here in hope of fixing my Tv

Comment

Hi, I'm from Croatia, working in IT

Comment

Hello all, I'm jth747. Located in Leon, WV. Started out in the electronic field
                              as a self educated ham radio operator in the early 60's. Got my first computer
                              in 1979, interested in both hardware and software. Had a 40 year career in
                              industrial maintenance, from Magnetax controls to PLC's and robots. Do some
                              repair for friends and neighbors. The forum has already helped me find repair
                              caps for my Samsung TV !

Comment

Hi everyone, Im Lars and I live in sweden and works with IT-Operations but do electronics for hobby. Also metalworking and ALU castings and various other stuff. I enjoy repairing things, for my self or for my friends. Its good for me, them and the environment.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Sean, and enjoy repairing things, save some money, the environment, etc. I'm here today to find help fixing a Sony Bravia 46NX720. Hopefully I can get this thing fixed!

Comment

Hi I'm Jamey. Hopefully I'll be able to lend some assistance as well as learn some from you all as well

Comment

Hey everyone just like to introduce myself. My name is Josh and I'm from Long Beach CA area. I'm familiar with electronics and have a high skill in soldering. I'm mainly here to learn more about component level testing. I have a few TVs that I'm interested in trying to repair and thought that this was the best place to come for guidance and information. Looking forward to meeting everyone and most of all learning.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Joo, and enjoy repairing things.

Comment

Hello, I am Halfwayhillbilly living in West Virginia and working as a controls technical support engineer. It's been a looooong time since I've done electronic troubleshooting down to the component level, but I am starting to get back into it. This forum looks like a good place to get some help when I get stuck!

Comment

Working...
                                          X