Replacement transistor for AOD417 for Benq Monitor inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement transistor for AOD417 for Benq Monitor inverter

Good day folks. I've got a Benq monitor which has a shorted transistor on its inverter section: it's the one in the first picture. It's an AOD417 P-channel MOSFET (datasheet here) and I could not find it locally so I'm curious to see what can be used as a replacement. I found the FQPF47P06 (datasheet here) which has fairly similar (if not better) specs (package aside for now) and I know the FQPF family is easier to find, so how about it ?

Now this inverter uses 4 transistors: 2 P-channels and 2 N-channels to run the two transformers in what I believe is called push-pull configuration (feel free to correct me on this), so is it possible to get away with replacing just this one P-channel if it's no longer matched with it's N-channel "co-worker", or do they all have to have some similar characteristic ? If so, I should find a suitable N-channel match for the FQPF47P06, so I can replace the N-channel as well. Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dannyx; 08-30-2017, 02:14 AM.
    Wattevah...

Re: Replacement transistor for AOD417 for Benq Monitor inverter

Just realised I made a boo-boo: it's not a Benq monitor, it's Vortex TV....I'm sowy Not that it'd matter too much, the issue can apply to any inverter with this configuration. I recently "fixed" a Benq monitor which had a faulty CCFL and I bypassed the timing capacitor on the control IC to extend its usability just a little bit more that's why I had Benq on my mind...
    Wattevah...

Comment

https://www.utsource.net/sch/AOD417

Comment

utsource are not sellers, they are brokers - avoid them.

Comment

I never had a problem with them they ship very fast parts are very good.

Comment

Do you have access to Digikey? they list Romania, there Pt# is 785-1106-1-ND

Comment

Already ordered it from someplace else....I don't usually go through the trouble of ordering small components online since the time it takes plus the costs defeat the purpose.
              Wattevah...

Comment

Working...
              X