This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am a boring guy from Norway who troubleshoot electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
      Hello
      I am from INDIA and interested in repairing my electronics stuff at home. Came to know about this expert forum and impressed by the technical knowledge experts have here

Cheers
      Jalaj

Comment

Hello
        I am from INDIA and interested in repairing my electronics stuff at home. Came to know about this expert forum and impressed by the technical knowledge experts have here

Cheers
        Jalaj

Comment

Hi every one,
          I am from USA, I like to do anything around computer and electronic, though I can not know all things, need to learn more from friends anywhere

Comment

Hello Everyone,
            I am from Farmington, Missouri USA. I work in IT and electronics repair is hobby of mine. I like to see what makes all things tick.

Comment

New member, first post. Hoping to use these boards to help me fix my LG 50PA5500.

Comment

Gonna try posting here again. Hopefully I can edit my profile soon. lol

Comment

Nope, still can't do anything.

Comment

One more post and I'm now at 5! Woohoo!

Comment

Hello Everyone
                      Let me introduce myself
                      I am 32, born and raised in Hungary, living in Canada since 2011
                      I am working in my construction business and trying to accomplish on a recycle business as well.
                      I have graduated as an electrician 2004, I started repairing laptops as a hobby few years ago, there was many lucks/luck offs
                      I have collected many tools to do more and more
                      I got an ersa ir500a with a pl500a rework station, huntron tracker 1000, bk-305d psu, yihua 898D soldering station and a Mastercraft 52-0055-6 multimeter,

The reason why I am registered here and posting is to find someone who would help me to understand reading a schematic of any pcb boards

Regards
                      nh-recycle

Comment

Hi Everyone. Been' replacing bad caps since 1985 - Atari 520ST Power Supplies and HeNe Lasers to name just a few (those HeNe caps pack quite a punch when fully charged!)

Comment

Thanks for allowing me aboard.

I have decades of experience in electronics, computers, and the electrical field. I refer to myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none. That's because technology has accelerated so quickly over the decades in electronics and computers that it's pretty hard to claim one is an expert.

Right now, I'm working on an Asus K52jr system. Those in the field would suggest I am crazy but I enjoy working at chip level. I do it purely for interest, not to save money. Have not done much on mobos because I have lacked the proper equipment and schematics.

Decided to splurge and get some decent equipment like a stereo microscope and heat gun for SMD work. It's pretty tough to remove a 7 mm x 7 mm SMD chip without one but at my stage it's still not easy.

Hope I can contribute to the forum and I hope others will share their knowledge.

Comment

I don't throw things into trash - they allways deserve a second chance to live. Somebody has invested time and wisdom to create them for us, therefore I love to repair things...

Comment

Hello! This forum seem to be a good match in trying to fix my ASUS UX32LN which has a blown cap

Comment

Amazing forum! can get anything with full of support

Comment

Hi from Malaysia, just make repairing electronic devices as my hobbies. Hopefully can gain knowledge and sharing info from/to this forum

Comment

Hello everyone, great site with a ton of helpful electronics troubleshooting information. Glad I found it.

Comment

Hi Guys - I love taking things apart and if I can fix them its a bonus currently working on an Lg 55" and need your help! will be searching through the forums shortly!

Comment

Hello all,

I'm new here on this forum.
                                        I am a beginner hobbyist that just started to learn electronics.

Hope to learn lost of stuff from this forum and you guys.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I have HP 820 laptop 4 piece
                                          Frist one I forget to save backup bin file now I have 3 working same model but frist one not matching bios bin file his turn on no display after one mint turn off
                                          Whay not work bin file

Comment

Working...
                                          X