Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AC/Input Filter

Originally posted by WeStSiDePLaYa View Post
    what does the resistor between ground and neutral do?
    There is no resistor between ground and neutral. The resistor is between live and neutral.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I've seen power supplies with high-value safety-certfied resistors between Live/Neutral and the chassis, and a few with one between the -ve of the input capacitor and the chassis.
      In these cases, they were in parallel with a safety-certified capacitor.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Adding to my previous post, I have read from IGT that there is a load limit on AC filters, and any load greater than the rating on the filter will degrade it (make it less effective).
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
        X